New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John E
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  18:07:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sad news. Sofia (Markus Sandlund's girlfriend) has just posted a message on www.brianwilson.com to say that Markus's body has been found. Markus played cello with the Stockholm Strings n' Horns, and was taken by the Tsunami. Love, John E

Lizzyb
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
470 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  22:09:31  Show Profile  Visit Lizzyb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
very sad news, though it must be easier for those near and dear to know...

Keep on shining
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2005 :  17:01:01  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That is sad news, but, as has been said, it must be some 'comfort' that the family and friends have some sort of closure now. My thoughts are with everyone who knew him.
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2005 :  22:06:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coincidence or what? But I was just thinking about Markus today, and whether there has been any news of him. It's been ages since anyones mentioned him. I was begining to think maybe I'd missed something on here and perhaps he turned up safe and well. Then I log on here tonight and hear the sad news. Condolances to his friends and family.
Go to Top of Page

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2005 :  22:35:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I reiterate all above
Go to Top of Page

oldfartatplay
Third Love

74 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2005 :  00:16:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I were lucky enough to meet Marcus and his fellow Stockholm String colleagues after the Brian Wilson concert in Bournemouth last year,and they were such an unassuming and friendly group of people.I think that it will be particularly hard for them when they return with BW to Glastonbury this year,as it was the scene of one of their finest concerts with Arthur & Love.We will be thinking of Marcus,his friend and family,and all the others who were taken by the tsunami.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page