New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  17:21:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This in an email from Michael about that famous photo...

Yes, I added quite a few things to the new book. I can't remember if I put in the story about that picture of us with Arthur in the bathing suit, but that was the day I think that he got mad at the rest of us because we didn't agree to kick Bryan out of the group. Bryan was late for the shoot and Arthur was saying how we should get rid of him and we were all saying "Yeah, yeah, sure.." but when Bryan finally arrived...well you know the rest. Arthur was dying to get rid of Bryan because of Stephanie, that's all. He was like permanently furious with him. The rest of us were like, "Get over it, man! She's gone. You're gonna f--- up the group over it." But he wouldn't listen.

The black bathing suit was supposed to signify something far out I guess. Like "Look at me. I'm almost naked like a newborn man," or whatever.

Thanks, Michael.

Old hippies never die, they just ramble on.
-lk

Edited by - lemonade kid on 06/05/2013 17:25:58

underture
Fifth Love

482 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  20:29:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This group of photos of Arthur and the group was always weird to me; I guess like Michael surmised Arthur had to be the center of attention here, thus the swimsuit while everyone else is dressed in their usual garb. Funny how with the positioning of everyone in this particular photo that Bryan, dressed in red, might be interpreted as the devil perched on Arthur's shoulder, giving him evil advice?

You set the scene
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page