Glasto '71 Pics & Hazey Memories!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

oldfartatplay
Third Love

74 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2005 :  17:13:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Catching an old thread which re-surfaced elsewhere on the boards,brought back Ainsley's posting on Terry Reid's set at the 1971 Glastonbury Festival (He returns there for this years event).Like Ainsley,I attended the '71 festival(a visit cut short by the worst Hay Fever I'd ever had!),and I'm sure there are probably a few other veteran Love'sters who remember that festival.For Ainsley,Stone,LarryNYC, & other Glasto vets,check out Paul Misso's pics which he has just re-discovered,and posted on a link from the main Glastonbury Home page or at www.paulmisso.co.uk -Paul was involved in documenting the filming of the festival by director Nicholas Roeg,and was accompanied to the festival by Jean Shrimpton (the first super-model?),AND Julie Christie!(UK male Love'sters of a certain age can all lie down now,or take their medication...)Great pics & Hazey Daze!

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2005 :  18:56:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice one oldfart, I wasn't actually at the 71 fest, but the pics certainly brought back memories of the time. Out Demons Out !!
Go to Top of Page

bigrubberglove
Fourth Love

188 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2005 :  22:00:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are 150 pictures but certainly worth looking at. You really feel like you are there!

Go to Top of Page

Allan
Old Love

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2005 :  16:49:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An excellent picture show. No doubt about it...those were the best of times

Allan
Go to Top of Page

oldfartatplay
Third Love

74 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  23:17:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi LarryNYC - Just to let you know that if you are in touch with 'Stone',to tell him to take a look at Paul's pics,and that Paul will be at this year's Glasto and is keen to meet up with other photographers who have documented the festival over the years.
Go to Top of Page

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2005 :  00:45:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funnily enough I just caught Stone on MSN this morning and sent him the link to Pauls page.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page