New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9864 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  20:10:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What artist has been YOUR muse, your companion, your comfort and your joy...all through your days...the creator of the soundtrack of your life?

I'm not talking about an artist, like Nick Drake for me, that I discovered late and who speaks to your soul like he knew you and like he must have been part of the soundtrack without you knowing. I'm talking 'bout the ONE, the artist that has been there since you first loved music, and who is STILL there today. You gotta choose ONE!

I'll go first....easy for me.

It may seem strange that I can easily call Arthur Lee's "Forever Changes' my favorite album of all time, but NOT call Arthur the artist who was the one that has walked down that road with me, my whole life. He did not create my soundtrack back in the day for me, & Arthur's not the one who, with every new release, added one more important piece to the soundtrack of my life.

LoVE, in the 60's was not the center, he was a great artist who I really didn't even realize WAS LoVE. LoVE was a great BAND to me, as were the Beatles, Springfield, The Byrds...too many to name.

AND.... we knew NOTHING about Arthur; not until Michael wrote his book ,and then Love Story was released, and finally "Love Forever Changes by Einarson, did I realize Arthur's true greatness.

Long story, but it is to say that the artist that has been with me since when I was 16 in 1966 was NOT Arthur Lee; the artist that from day one that touched me somewhere deeper than I can explain, who has not gotten even a fraction less creative, & whose NEW albums are as vital and great today as his classic masterpieces were in 1966....the who who was cooler than cool, and sang like some strange and occasionally out of tune woodwind instrument, with a guitar that could cut right through me like a knife....?

Yeah...Neil Young. Since I read on the back of Buffalo Springfield that Neil was the dark one, & heard "Clancy"...well, that was it. And Neil hasn't let me down since. From Springfield's first, to his 1968 solo debut, to 2012's "Psychedelic Pill", Neil's the ONE.

Long may he run!

Out Of My Mind...the first Neil Young song that cinched it for me...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6osgiCaB7Y

So what ONE artist has been your constant companion, tapping you on the shoulder, moving on down the road with you, every day...?

Any story or tale you have to share would be nice too...

Old hippies never die, they just ramble on.
-lk

Edited by - lemonade kid on 06/03/2013 20:24:01
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page