Walk of Fame
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

harvey
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
155 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2013 :  20:42:18  Show Profile  Send harvey a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
According to BBC news this evening 1/3/13 there is a new Walk of Fame to be made in the Roundhouse Theatre and Camden Town area of London and as Arthur and Love played the Roundhouse and Dingwalls in Camden a few times I think their names should be put forward. There are photos on this site of the 1974 gig at Dingwalls and I am in the background of a couple, 16 and 20 I think at the side of the stage, before the punch got thrown at Arthur.
I have tried to log in to something that will suggest the name but can only leave messages on the BBC website at the moment, which I have done.
I do not know if Arthur and Love have any similar memorials in Hollywood or anywhere on Walks of Fame. Will have to see if any more ways of contacting the organisers appear as it has only just been announced. Obviously there are going to be thousands of band names put forward and sorting them out will be down to the organisers and their favourites. First name mentioned was Amy Winehouse as that was where she came from but the second is Elvis Presley who never even visited Britain, apart from the alleged diverted flight to Scotland that could have been a figment of the Colonels memory.
If anyone finds a contact website better tell everyone.

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2013 :  21:07:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by harvey

According to BBC news this evening 1/3/13 there is a new Walk of Fame to be made in the Roundhouse Theatre and Camden Town area of London and as Arthur and Love played the Roundhouse and Dingwalls in Camden a few times I think their names should be put forward. There are photos on this site of the 1974 gig at Dingwalls and I am in the background of a couple, 16 and 20 I think at the side of the stage, before the punch got thrown at Arthur.
I have tried to log in to something that will suggest the name but can only leave messages on the BBC website at the moment, which I have done.
I do not know if Arthur and Love have any similar memorials in Hollywood or anywhere on Walks of Fame. Will have to see if any more ways of contacting the organisers appear as it has only just been announced. Obviously there are going to be thousands of band names put forward and sorting them out will be down to the organisers and their favourites. First name mentioned was Amy Winehouse as that was where she came from but the second is Elvis Presley who never even visited Britain, apart from the alleged diverted flight to Scotland that could have been a figment of the Colonels memory.
If anyone finds a contact website better tell everyone.

And share it here for us to VOTE! Thanks, Harv.

Old hippies never die, they just ramble on.
-lk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page