Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2012 :  22:48:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Echols isn't exactly coming out with a revelation to let people know that Arthur had troubles with chemical abuse

If you read Michaels book its a lesson as to what you should AVOID (heroine seems to have been a problem for Kenny and Michael, and drugs don't seem to have helped the group, period

So for Johnny to mention in the Big Takeover interview that Arthur, as did them all, had had difficulties with the drugs ...

I don't know, I don't see what Arthurs wife had a problem with. Johnny was closest to Arthur, even to his death, so its not really letting the cat out of the bag to tell that members of the band suffered from drug abuse. It was on record, from Johnny's side

I don't think Delaney ever published, aside from an interview with Rozelle that appeared in an issue of the Castle (16? 17? I forget)

I can't imagine what he has really does more than scratch the surface though. Einarsons tome on the group is very good, although a book on the band by Echols would be welcome, as a lot of he says rings true about what happened with the group and how it worked

Personally I don't see Love as the best band ever. They only recorded 3 albums all told, original group

But you do have Forever Changes, which is the best album recorded by anyone

So you have a band making their mark of course! And going out at their peak, and nothing much coming of them after, sad to say

So a tragic beauty then, like Shakespeare's Mercutio?

I'm just ignoring waxburn, personally. I don't think he's really contributing too much to this board, personally, and this interview with Kevin Delaney he put up didn't really tell too much except how a guy can move to LA and max out his credit cards! I doubt Kevin had much for a book, sad to say, and John Einarson's book is like to be the final word on the group (unless Johnny writes something, which I WELCOME! I have no problem with new Love, even if its bound to fail as a follow up to Forever Changes (Gethsemene?) - even Arthur was trying that (Book of Forever Changes - Book 2) with the Zealander at the time of his arrest!

FOREVER CHANGES IS THE BEST ALBUM EVER RECORDED? HOW ARE YOU GONNA FOLLOW UP FOREVER CHANGES??!! NO WONDER JAC HOLZMAN HAD NOTHING BUT DISDAIN FOR FOUR SAIL!! IT COULD NEVER COMPARE
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2012 :  23:30:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

Echols isn't exactly coming out with a revelation to let people know that Arthur had troubles with chemical abuse

If you read Michaels book its a lesson as to what you should AVOID (heroine seems to have been a problem for Kenny and Michael, and drugs don't seem to have helped the group, period

So for Johnny to mention in the Big Takeover interview that Arthur, as did them all, had had difficulties with the drugs ...

I don't know, I don't see what Arthurs wife had a problem with. Johnny was closest to Arthur, even to his death, so its not really letting the cat out of the bag to tell that members of the band suffered from drug abuse. It was on record, from Johnny's side

I don't think Delaney ever published, aside from an interview with Rozelle that appeared in an issue of the Castle (16? 17? I forget)

I can't imagine what he has really does more than scratch the surface though. Einarsons tome on the group is very good, although a book on the band by Echols would be welcome, as a lot of he says rings true about what happened with the group and how it worked

Personally I don't see Love as the best band ever. They only recorded 3 albums all told, original group

But you do have Forever Changes, which is the best album recorded by anyone

So you have a band making their mark of course! And going out at their peak, and nothing much coming of them after, sad to say

So a tragic beauty then, like Shakespeare's Mercutio?

I'm just ignoring waxburn, personally. I don't think he's really contributing too much to this board, personally, and this interview with Kevin Delaney he put up didn't really tell too much except how a guy can move to LA and max out his credit cards! I doubt Kevin had much for a book, sad to say, and John Einarson's book is like to be the final word on the group (unless Johnny writes something, which I WELCOME! I have no problem with new Love, even if its bound to fail as a follow up to Forever Changes (Gethsemene?) - even Arthur was trying that (Book of Forever Changes - Book 2) with the Zealander at the time of his arrest!

FOREVER CHANGES IS THE BEST ALBUM EVER RECORDED? HOW ARE YOU GONNA FOLLOW UP FOREVER CHANGES??!! NO WONDER JAC HOLZMAN HAD NOTHING BUT DISDAIN FOR FOUR SAIL!! IT COULD NEVER COMPARE

Dude, i dont know if i should tell you but you come across as a moron.
I hate to be the one to inform you, and on top of that, you ve disrespected Arthur and others here. i think i can confidently state that nobody has been more negative than you on this board.
what the f do you contribute except your shots at AL every so often?
needless to say you probably cant even figure out that i wasnt the one that put up the delaney interview here.

Why would anyone want a book by JE, it would be a book of fairy tales. Love is a Bowling Ball, JE and BL. I dont think any record companies will be even mildly interested.

All these people who know so much and did so much under AL tutelage, have they ever thought of going out and actually doing something besides blowing hot air?

Edited by - waxburn on 28/11/2012 23:51:45
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2012 :  23:51:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
torben, can you block this guy or something?
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2012 :  23:54:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

torben, can you block this guy or something?

you are the one that should be blocked.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2012 :  23:59:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
torben you gotta block this guy, hes ruining the board
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2012 :  00:08:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

torben you gotta block this guy, hes ruining the board

Jesus what a cry baby. You think you can insult me without getting anything in return? insult me and im going to send back something in return. thats my new doctrine. Both you and Signed attacked me out of the blue. do it again and youll get some again.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2012 :  00:10:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
torben? I can't be the only one wanting this guy to shut up?
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2012 :  00:18:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

torben? I can't be the only one wanting this guy to shut up?

talking truth for once.
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2012 :  13:43:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Joe...but it's of no use...as a good friend so wisely advised me today:

"Ignore it, and it will go away."

No more responses, it will die off, and the site will be fine...John9 has the right idea.
Let's get back to the positive stuff and stop trying to defend Love...they need no defense. Their music speaks for itself--words of LoVE.

Cheers all.

Movin' on.

Only after the last tree has been cut down,
Only after the last river has been poisoned,
Only after the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you find money cannot be eaten.

~ Cree Prophecy
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2012 :  15:30:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
did you like the live Teaszer gig dvd?

gotta love how the band STARTED with Five String Serenade

looking for a job here. Not a hopeful situation. Was trying to find work with Fema to help people in the clean up after Sandy here in devastated NJ, but the employment situation is very bad
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2012 :  15:47:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think whoever is reading out there can now verify that the people trying to re write Love history are not objective parties, but friends of friends. Thats the important thing.

Edited by - waxburn on 29/11/2012 15:48:16
Go to Top of Page

underture
Fifth Love

482 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2012 :  16:59:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lemonade kid

No more responses, it will die off, and the site will be fine...John9 has the right idea.
Let's get back to the positive stuff and stop trying to defend Love...they need no defense. Their music speaks for itself--words of LoVE.

Cheers all.

Movin' on.

~ Cree Prophecy

Sanity ultimately rules the day. Thanks to all members who let the music be the only answer.

You set the scene
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2012 :  17:09:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, John.

~ Cree Prophecy
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2012 :  19:49:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by underture

[quote]Originally posted by lemonade kid

Cheers all.

Movin' on.

~ Cree Prophecy

Sanity ultimately rules the day. Thanks to all members who let the music be the only answer.

You set the scene
[/quote

I just want to advise any new members that if are looking for thse truth about Love , here in my posts is where you will find it. if you want PR read everything else.
Go to Top of Page

markk
Old Love

USA
803 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2012 :  23:35:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yes, Great Waxie, you are the Pan.

Amongst many things, one thing that perturbs me is the comment somewhere in this thread that Bryan was just a pretty boy. I happen to like a lot about him, his voice, his unique songwriting, and his pickin.

Not his best song, but still a good one and as always unique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibqxz7k51UY
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page