Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Dukie
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2012 :  14:45:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not available as yet in the UK. Release date quoted as 6th September, but I checked yesterday and it seems that it hasn't been published yet.
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2012 :  21:37:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dukie

Not available as yet in the UK. Release date quoted as 6th September, but I checked yesterday and it seems that it hasn't been published yet.

Dukie.....Helter Skelter has it listed as having been published and is "IN STOCK" now-thru the website....but not in book stores for a few days (in the UK).

Pegasus Epitaph - The Story of the Legendary Rock Group LOVE
Artist: Love
Author: Stuart-Ware, Michael

REVISED AND UPDATED 2012 EDITION

Fascinating insider's story on LOVE's rise and fall. LOVE were one of the legendary bands of the late 60s US West Coast scene and their masterpiece Forever Changes still regularly appears in critics' polls. Yet the band never truly fulfilled their potential and broke through to the L.A. premier league inhabited by Crosby Stills and Nash and The Doors. Michael Stuart-Ware was LOVE's drummer and shares his inside perspective on the band's recording and performing career, and tells how drugs and egos thwarted the potential of one of the great groups of the burgeoning psychedelic era. As one fellow band member tells him, 'There wasn't any love in that group. It had nothing whatsoever to do with love. It was all about hate. That should have been the name of the band.'

AVAILABLE NOW EXCLUSIVELY FROM HELTER SKELTER PUBLISHING. On general release October, 2012.

The author evokes L.A. and its club circuit with breathtaking clarity. Classic Rock

Price: £12.99

ISBN: 9781905139309
Format: Paperback
Availability: In stock
Pages: 216

Helter Skelter--order here
http://www.helterskelterpublishing.com/item.asp?id=3130

Only after the last tree has been cut down,
Only after the last river has been poisoned,
Only after the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you find money cannot be eaten.

~ Cree Prophecy

Edited by - lemonade kid on 07/10/2012 21:39:06
Go to Top of Page

Dukie
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2012 :  22:11:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will order a copy, but I was hoping to read it on my travels, and it will not arrive in time if I order it now.
Go to Top of Page

The Freedom Man
Old Love

Netherlands
553 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2012 :  05:20:09  Show Profile  Visit The Freedom Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got this email from Michael:

A few people reported having trouble ordering the new book, so I checked with my contact at Helter Skelter. The director, Graeme Milton, asked me to pass along his apologies to everybody who had reported difficulty and explained that in the payment section the person must select "U.K. pounds" and not "U.S. dollars" for the order to be processed.

A line explaining the procedure has been added to the site.

http://www.thefreedomman.com/
PRESS THE LINK!
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2012 :  01:29:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
apparently the new edition is only available from the UK

wonder if Helter Skelter did a 2nd edition of Random Precision (Syd Barrett's session)

Its good that Michael's book is seeing release again - wasn't able to get permission to use the Love logo, judging by the cover!

Any new info?
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2012 :  14:27:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This from Michael--

I haven't seen any real copies of the book yet. Just the cover. Helter Skelter is such a small company I think they're just printing up a minimal number as orders come in (at first anyway). Maybe that's why it's only available through the company. I don't know. But I'll be in the U.K. bookstores next month.

The name change...although it's basically the same story but with some updated additional info in the body of the text, (but primarily in the extended prologue and epilogue), I thought the updated title would be appropriate.
However, it created a problem with the U.S. release, because when I changed the title, the U.S. distributors insisted we apply for a new ISBN (International Standard Book Number), you know...the number that sits below the bar code on the cover, so therefore the further delay for the U.S. release. It's a lengthy process, but it could be as early as March, I suppose.

Most people order the book anyway, so I guess ordering it directly from Helter Skelter doesn't really represent any extra trouble over ordering it from amazon.

Thanks for the compliment on the cover. Coming from someone with your artistic gifts that really means something. I was actually hoping that Helter would select the treatment of the photo you did of me playing drums for the cover, but they said distributors insisted that for a bio, it had to be a real photograph (or two).

I don't think I'll be doing any signings unless it's right here in good old Las Vegas.

-Michael

~ Cree Prophecy
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2012 :  17:03:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Michael wanted me to add-"they told me it will be in UK bookstores next month"...but not to hold you breath. If you want it, order it from Helter Skelter and be sure to press
POUNDS, not US dollars to pay.

~ Cree Prophecy
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2012 :  23:11:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for passing along this info

although I caught sight of Carousel in Barnes and Noble from time to time, its sad that its going to see such a delay in being published stateside. Perhaps Michael should have tried Print On Demand

I imagine with Borders going under that people don't really read too much anymore
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2012 :  16:28:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
£7.49 delivered if you're in the UK from this site. Free worldwide delivery as well?

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Love/9781905139309?redirected=true&utm_medium=Google&utm_campaign=Base1&utm_source=UK&utm_content=Love&selectCurrency=GBP
Go to Top of Page

scully
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
217 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2012 :  11:24:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got my copy from Helter Skelter (glad to see them still going, used to love their little shop on Denmark Street). Looks great, and as I lost my old CD based copy (though still have the cover that Michael signed, LOL) I really needed this one. Buy it if you haven't already.

Edited by - scully on 14/10/2012 11:24:57
Go to Top of Page

Dukie
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2012 :  03:00:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That shop on Denmark Street was great, wasn't it? My copy should be waiting for me when I get back home later this month and I look forward to reading it.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2012 :  19:49:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wasn't Denmark Street referenced in a song by the Kinks, on an album (Lola vs the Moneygoround) largely to do with Ray Davies disgust on being ripped off of his song rights?
Go to Top of Page

scully
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
217 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2012 :  07:50:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

wasn't Denmark Street referenced in a song by the Kinks, on an album (Lola vs the Moneygoround) largely to do with Ray Davies disgust on being ripped off of his song rights?

Quite likely, as Denmark Street was the 'Tin Pan Alley' of London in the Sixties, lots of music publishers, managers etc had their offices there. Still has many guitar shops. Regent Sound Studio was also there, I think it may have been at the same location as the Helter Skelter shop in fact.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2012 :  15:00:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Down the way from the Tottenham Court Road
Just round the corner from old Soho
There's a place where the publishers go
If you don't know which way to go
Just open your ears and follow your nose
'Cos the street is shakin' from the tapping of toes
You can hear that music play anytime on any day
Every rhythm, every way
You got to a publisher and play him your song
He says 'I hate your music and you hair is too long
But I'll sign you up because I'd hate to be wrong'
You've got a tune it's in your head you want to get it placed
So you take it up to a music man just to see what he will say
He says 'I hate the tune, I hate the words but I'll tell you what I'll do
I'll sign you up and take it round the street and see if it makes the grade'
And you might even hear it played on the rock 'n' roll hit parade
Daytime, night time, every week you can hear that heavy beat
Now the walls are shaking from the tapping of feet
Daytime, night time, every day you can hear that music play
Every rhythm, every way
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2012 :  21:39:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Strangely, I was at Tottenham Court Road underground station today....just one stop along from Donovan's Sunny Goodge Street.

Edited by - John9 on 18/10/2012 21:39:35
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page