Proper LIstening
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

captain america and billy
Old Love

907 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2012 :  16:30:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently upgraded my hi fi experience and must say a work such as "Forever Changes" is always a thrill no matter what equipment you're using but works such as this are hardly done full justice by listening with some of the more inferior sets.Through the use of more sophisticated technologies,one becomes romantically enamored with "Changes" in all of its obsequious charms and riveting soundscapes enrapturing the listener with its bold statements of benevolence and delightfully curious surrealistic expressions.For me,"Red Telephone" is always the hook of the album,but every track offers something in the way of dutifully provocative sensibility.

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2012 :  18:27:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know as a gift I received the top of the line Bose headphones. Talk about a FC 'soundscape'. I have to say it's another dimension now for FC and a whole bunch of other great records that I love. Listening to the bass, drums and guitars from FC is just incredible and beautiful to hear. Yeah Arthur and the guys put all of that together real good...Nirvana...
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2012 :  19:11:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

You know as a gift I received the top of the line Bose headphones. Talk about a FC 'soundscape'. I have to say it's another dimension now for FC and a whole bunch of other great records that I love. Listening to the bass, drums and guitars from FC is just incredible and beautiful to hear. Yeah Arthur and the guys put all of that together real good...Nirvana...

I recently got some nice SONY headphones and the sonic levels have reached, as you said, nirvana.

HIGH ALL THE TIME...
-Mad River
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0PCzH-K1hg
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2012 :  21:01:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know back when in those ancient days of rock n roll I didn't have a great system. Today it gets me how much I missed in the getting the full ambience of sound. Now I can hear things I never heard of before in some songs. It's like hearing a different song altogether. And I'd think little differecnes mean alot in how that music comes across, eh???? Suppose for example the bass line in Daily Planet gets muffled for one tenth of a sec hey I wouldn't like that!!!
Go to Top of Page

abraxas
Fourth Love

USA
216 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2012 :  00:13:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My dream is to get 5.1 speakers and listen to Forever Changes on it, or The Days of Future Passed
Go to Top of Page

markk
Old Love

USA
803 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2012 :  01:22:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In 1969 I spent $500 on a KLH music system, a lot of $$ back then.
If i went to a party, I took my speakers, they were phenomenal. I still have the whole set and everything works.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page