Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

milehighmusic
First Love

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  18:11:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,
Chris that did the BryanMacLean.com site here. I still have never seen in full, Love performing on Where The Action Is on the 23rd of June 1966. I have the two performances from American Bandstand, it's not those, just the other performance that you see only glimpses of on the Love Story film/DVD. Does anyone out there have it, just so I can finally see it?!?

Thanks and best to all.

Where The Action Is episode info:
http://www.tv.com/shows/where-the-action-is/steve-alaimo-keith-allison-love-gene-pitney-287030/

p.s. as a side plug, check out the psyche radio station i now do with some other psyche heads: www.psychedelicized.com
http://www.facebook.com/psychedelicized

The Freedom Man
Old Love

Netherlands
553 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  22:19:59  Show Profile  Visit The Freedom Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The rights are with Dick Clark Productions.The makers of the docu never got the rights to use the whole footage.

On this site, you have to register first, you can find pretty much the whole footage, cleverly made from the docu: http://tv.beyondthebeatgeneration.com/
Look for Arthur Lee or just Love, I forgot.
email me if you need help.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  23:21:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
from castle issue 10, p 91:

"One [Goldmine] collector said hes been collecting all the available episodes of "Where the Action Is" for years and knows exactly what I'm looking for and assured me, that though Love was on the show, a copy of its appearance is not in circulation. He said they weren't even on a best of special that aired in 66. I also asked if he had any Love on any tv showand he said no Love"
Go to Top of Page

milehighmusic
First Love

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2012 :  11:24:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys for your replies. Freedom Man, i signed up and saw the edited video, very nice, pretty satisfying, really gives the impression of a complete performance. Grabbed it whilst i was there in case it vanishes. Shame that these bits of footage are kept buried at benefit to no one, those like us that would love to see it and those corporate arses that sit on it, rather than making it available where, if they did, we would pay to download it.
Anyway, thanks again. My best to all the LoVe crowd.
Go to Top of Page

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2012 :  20:04:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Freedom Man, great to see the footage and the site is packed with other videos I'd like to view.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page