Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2005 :  21:11:15  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
this year is 40 years since Jefferson Airplane formed.. and the tour features founder Airplane members Paul Kantner and Marty Balin along with ex members of Jefferson Airplane/Starship David Freiberg was also in Jefferson Starship .. Grace Slick has retired from performing live but original Airplane vocalist Signe Anderson who sang on the first album was listed as touring but is not anymore! no Jack or Jorma either! http://www.jeffersonairplane.com tour dates at http://www.jeffersonstarshipsf.com
quote:
Originally posted by TouchofGray

There's an interesting gig at The Brook, Southampton UK on 27th May 2005.
The band's titled intriguingly 'Jefferson Family Galactic Party'

It features, among others, Martin Balin and Paul Kantner from the original Airplane lineup plus Tom Constanten from the (early version of) Grateful Dead and David Freiberg from Quicksilver Messenger Service. According to the website they are incorporating numbers from all three bands and will attempt a version of Dark Star by the Dead.

This seems a good way of amalgamating band reunions in one show.
It could start a trend!

When I was about 16 I was fortunate enough to see Jime Hendrix Experience. They blew me away. I'd love to revisit that...experience.

hey ho! lets go!

Edited by - steve64 on 29/03/2005 21:15:29
Go to Top of Page

Young Soul Rebel
First Love

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2005 :  13:07:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd pay almost anything to go and see a Byrds 'reunion'. It's technically feasible as there's enough surviving members from the various lineups to create a decent band: McGuinn, plus Hillman on bass or guitar and Crosby from the first lineup and Gene Parsons (drums) and John York (bass/ guitar) from the post-Gram years. I believe everyone else (Mike, Gene, Gram, Clarence, Skip, Kevin kelley) have all passed away.

I'm going to see the Queen reunion tour in a couple of months, though I have absolutely no expectation of it being any good.

It may not be a 60s band, but I'd also pay very good money to see The Smiths. I saw the new lineup Dexys Midnight Runnners a couple of years ago and they were damn good. Once again, they've had enough members over the years to have a credible full band. My ideal lineup (if all of the original band were unwilling) would be Kevin Rowland, Kevin Archer and Billy Adams on guitars, Pete Williams on bass, Seb Shelton on drums, Helen O'Hara on violin, and Mickey Billingham on piano/ organ with a brass section of Big Jim Paterson on trombone and Jeff Blythe and Steve Spooner on sax.

Do I Have To Do This All Over Again?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page