New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Spiritinthesky
Second Love

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2011 :  08:19:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any fans? New Facebook site here http://www.facebook.com/ThisdayinBobDylan?sk=wall

"I gave up drugs when the doctor told me I had 6 months to live" Keith Richards

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2011 :  16:55:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well YES! I have every one of BOB's LPs through Nashville Skyline, plus Blood On The Tracks (poster back cover) & Desire.

Many are first press, if not second pressings. severeal mono ...a must.
Blonde On Blonde MONO is particularly fine...it has a much crisper sound.

Go to Top of Page

captain america and billy
Old Love

907 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2011 :  20:39:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Listening to Dylan is as surreal an experience as Bob's immortal material is in and of itself.Even at times as I labor feverishly to grasp meaning and even coherency in Mr. Zimmermna's choice of diction and syntax,I am endlesssly wooed by the mysterious charm of his cryptic lyrical style as well as his tortured accoustic guitar wizardy.I think there would sooner be another McCartney than any true Dylan clone.
Go to Top of Page

LeeRob
Fifth Love

397 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2011 :  21:17:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have all the stuff, plus I have seen every concert tour since the 70's. He is an incredible guy, I am glad he chose to share his muse with the rest of us. Those who are tempted to complain about his latest recordings - or live preformances didn't notice that the 60's Dylan doesn't exist anymore; he is now what he started out to be way back when: an old black blues singer. haha Give a listen to: I Can't Wait. Nice to see another Dylan rap on the board.

It's all the same day.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2011 :  02:30:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
was just listening to Street Legal. Don't like the album too much at all. These days I'll listen to Slow Train Coming, but NEVER to Dylan (Columbia, 1973) or Self Portrait!
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2011 :  04:26:29  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
positively 4th street! not a studio album track. but is on a few comps! Dylan at his best during the blonde on blonde era! cheers!

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2011 :  05:04:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
on Biograph, the best Dylan compilation, certainly. Worth owning just for Up To Me, a Blood outtake; best song Dylan ever wrote

sadly he followed Blood with Desire, some of which (Joey, Hurricane) is rather a bore!

his recent stuff (Together Through Life) kicks, though I've not heard his most recent album (Christmas in the heart) which has been compared unfavorably with Self Portrait (uh oh)
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2011 :  14:25:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
60's Dylan doesn't exist anymore;

So right. Dylan I think, in retrospect, is going to be looked at as a human repository of America's experinece in song. For myself he was clamoring the "times they are a changin'" but I got to realize that Dylan in song has documented that in genrations other than the one I'm in. Dylan's not only a "song and dance man" but an archaeologist of America's heart and mind through its history. A great.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page