Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 All The Rest
 General discussions about music
 In line at the ROXY...some cool memories...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2011 :  19:54:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From my friend and L.A. DJ legend, RW

This is from 1975.....of course we can't make anything out, but the memories along with our imagination make this image priceless....

photo credit-Blaire Helsing

From my good friend Rick Williams....

"No problem in posting the shot; it was taken by good friend of many years, Blair Helsing. We got there and
got in line (the right hand portion of the photo, beneath the marquee). It was a surprisingly short line, but one
that very quickly grew to "sold out show" proportions. I can't spot myself with any certainty, but I could be the
guy with arms folded, looking across the street at Blair. Nils Lofgren was just a person or two in front of us,
and we spoke with him for awhile. I spotted Al Kooper about five or six people ahead of us, while Densmore
(who lives in the Santa Barbara area at least some of he time, now) arrived after the photo was taken, and was
ten or so people behind us. I saw four nights straight, each night three hours down and three hours back from
San Luis Obispo to Hollywood, and despite the fact that by then I'd already seen hundreds of often amazing live shows, they were by far the greatest things I had ever seen. I ended up seeing every California show, from San
Diego to Sacramento that year (1975). I'm not sure that the shot would really be of that much interest to Doors
fans, since there's no evidence in the photo of his actually being there." (JTK-but we love it, RW....in our minds eye!)
-RW

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page