Nonsense
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gatemouthmoore
Fourth Love

202 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2011 :  23:58:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dredging up discredited lies, and half-truths which we have all seen many many times before. Along with other slanderous libelous crap, from a fired, un-grateful nut case; helps the cause of getting more people to listen to the music of, and care about Love HOW?

Posting this kind of garbage has caused a precipitous drop in the number of people who follow this site. And certain group members have all but ceased participation because of it.

Sometimes this group's "friends" can be their worst enemies!

stewart
Old Love

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2011 :  00:17:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wtf are you referring to?

We can spend all day arguing that Love’s Forever Changes is the greatest album of all time. But let’s not argue, it is.
Go to Top of Page

gatemouthmoore
Fourth Love

202 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2011 :  00:32:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm referring to the continual posting and re-posting on this site, the odious garbage, spewing from the imagination of "Snoopy" in his so called Zig-zag interview!
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2011 :  00:58:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must admit that I've never had a problem with this one at all - and I was enthralled when I first read it in Zig Zag during the early 70s. For me it illuminated aspects of the band's history that hitherto had been largely unknown. These days, of course, we have so much more to go on and so we can see Snoopy's comments in context of all that -but Zig Zag did an extremely valuable job back then. And I for one shall remain grateful.

Edited by - John9 on 27/04/2011 01:00:40
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2011 :  01:06:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand
Jac Holzman was cool with it too, though it was libelous to him!

Hes the unsung hero in the Love story, being cool with them even though Arthur treated him shabbily, even going so far as to call his last album with Elektra For Sale (or whatever) being going off to Blue Thumb

After that the magic never really happened for Love again - bad move to leave Elektra, in retrospect

Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9875 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2011 :  02:30:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gatemouthmoore

Dredging up discredited lies, and half-truths which we have all seen many many times before. Along with other slanderous libelous crap, from a fired, un-grateful nut case; helps the cause of getting more people to listen to the music of, and care about Love HOW?

Posting this kind of garbage has caused a precipitous drop in the number of people who follow this site. And certain group members have all but ceased participation because of it.

Sometimes this group's "friends" can be their worst enemies!

Ahhh....ok....I thought we might enjoy it as Snoopy was an integral part of Love for a while -- two out of three of the iconic Love albums gives him the right. It's all about Love..... so Snoop is a bit of a nut job. He still has just as much right as any Love member to have his say.

Bit of an over-reaction I must say, mate, but if I offended you or anyone, you know me and that would never be my intention. I apologize if you wish it.

I hope you are not saying all the "good" members have left the building.

The ones that did leave here...unfortunately left due to some overzealous closed mindedness, and thankfully those closed minds are gone at least....or they left because they had other things to do--not because someone posted a silly article from ZipZag magazine. We all know the truth anyway...it's pretty obvious that the interviewer takes Snoop's words with a grain of salt to put it lightly...as we all do. Come on...we love Johnny and Kenny and we all know the truth!!

Snoop is more like the color analist that no one takes seriously....a sandwich or two short of a picnic!

Cheers friends!
lk

STONED
I AM
-iconic 60's button

Edited by - lemonade kid on 27/04/2011 02:49:52
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9875 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2011 :  03:10:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ANd just this....Snoop's last words say what arthur was all about...he had a wonderful sense of humour ...if anyone said outrageous things to the press it was Arthur!

Snoopy: Listen, man, forget it - don't worry about Arthur when he reads anything about him, he just cracks up. Put in everything about dope, gigs, records, everything all Arthur does is laugh.

And Snoop knew he was bullsh#tting half the time too!! That's what rock & rollers do!! Mess with the press!

We all need to lighten up and laugh....let the hills ring with it!!

STONED
I AM
-iconic 60's button
Go to Top of Page

ALLANAGAIN
Old Love

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2011 :  13:28:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can,t see the problem here myself...thanks for putting the Snoopy inteveiw up L.K.
I had never read it before, entertaining and interesting stuff...
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9875 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2011 :  16:48:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Allan. I've always thought the whole Snoop interview was so ridiculous that no one would believe it even back then.

Snoop comes across as such a bitter, troubled (and possibly mentally "off") soul in Love story that I really think Johnny would be cool with it too. I can see the pain it might have caused 30 years ago, but Snoop has been revealed for what he was and is. And Johnny has shown himself to be the beacon of reason of Love nowadays along with Michael, and a totally integral and great talent to the Arthur and Johnny marriage in music.

But if Johnny wants me to remove the post ...I will.

Otherwise we just have another fine debate at the only real site for Love!

STONED
I AM
-iconic 60's button

Edited by - lemonade kid on 27/04/2011 22:25:16
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2011 :  19:48:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
at the time Snoopy was trying to put a band together over in the UK, but it seems not to have come off

Go to Top of Page

kdion11
Old Love

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  21:49:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm referring to the continual posting and re-posting on this site, the odious garbage, spewing from the imagination of "Snoopy" in his so called Zig-zag interview!

KD: Are you kidding ? That interview is the most hilarious and
also important thing in the history of LOVE ! Their legend
as THE underground Kings was partially built around that interview

GO SNOOPY ! Right On !
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9875 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  23:29:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kdion11

quote:

KD: Are you kidding ? That interview is the most hilarious and
also important thing in the history of LOVE ! Their legend
as THE underground Kings was partially built around that interview

GO SNOOPY ! Right On !

So true...Johnny told me..."Don't you dare remove that interview!"

STONED
I AM
-iconic 60's button
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly