Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

gatemouthmoore
Fourth Love

202 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  04:29:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a site that attempts to provide a comprehensive list of Love gigs. The dates have been checked against the records of the venue, newspaper ads, posters, radio spots and other independent verifications, and is being updated regularly. Where there is no independent confirmation, a question mark is posted next to the date. Many of these listings reflect several nights at a particular venue. With Clubs such as the Beverly Bowl, Brave New World, or Bido Lito's... it reflects many months. It may surprise some of you, how often the group actually played!

http://rockprosopography102.blogspot.com/2010/12/love-family-tree-performance-list.html

Edited by - gatemouthmoore on 02/01/2011 07:06:38

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  21:09:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a superb and fascinating resource, Gatemouthmore. I especially appreciate the way the gigs and dates have been matched up with personnel - this must have been highly taxing for the years 1969-71! The only inaccuracy I am aware of is as follows:

March 7th 1970. Although Love were originally scheduled to play The Pavilion, Bath that night, they in fact played the University of Sheffield. I've at least two friends who were there and they remember Arthur Lee's 25th birthday being celebrated by the rest of the band. Additionally, there is independent confirmation of this late change of venue in 'Issue 2' of Dave Housden's The Castle - in which he examines that first UK tour in great depth. Cheers.

Edited by - John9 on 02/01/2011 21:14:30
Go to Top of Page

gatemouthmoore
Fourth Love

202 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  22:33:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A Gentleman named Bruno Ceriotti, who runs the site. Is the excellent music historian, and scholar, who compiled all of the data. I'm sure he will fix this, on his next update.

PS: The listing has been amended!

Edited by - gatemouthmoore on 03/01/2011 18:16:44
Go to Top of Page

TJSAbass
Fourth Love

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  23:21:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pretty incredible. Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  23:33:08  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
THANKS! I found 2 shows I was at.
Hullubaloo 1966
Whiskey A-Go-Go 1969( or 1970?)
I can only guess certain dates for those shows with similar dates, but, at least I managed to remember anything at all!
I do have vivid memory of Arthur stepping way up to the front of the Hulluballo stage , blowin his harp on ,"Signed DC".
The Whiskey show was blazing, loud, and , I was blazing , too, and my ears were ringing for hours after! So much energy overload.....

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2011 :  17:25:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can only guess certain dates for those shows with similar dates, but, at least I managed to remember anything at all!

Same here. There are two dates for New York where it's noted that they played at the New Generation Club and Steve Paul's Scene. Now I know I did see the band during that period (late 60's) but I swear I don't recall those venues now!!
Go to Top of Page

Bruno Ceriotti
First Love

Italy
21 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  19:48:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys!

Bruno Ceriotti is here!. First of all sorry for my very bad english but I'm Italian. Thanks for appreciate my work about Love, one of the greatest rock band of all-time!!. Also I have a great honor to spoke with former band members (and now good friends of mine!) Johnny Echols, Michael Stuart, Alban "Snoopy" Pfisterer, Bobby Beausoleil and they gave me some help to compiled this "Love Family Tree - Performance List". However this list in one of my blog, is only a little start to a big project I've in my mind from two years now. My dream is written a book about Love, a day-by-day chronology of all the band events from when their members born during the 40s to 1971 when they played their last show as Love (you know, after that they became Arthur Lee & Love). Johnny Echols, Michael Stuart, Snopopy and Bobby Beausoleil but also Vince Flaherty (Love backed him in some songs in 1965) and Allan Talbert (former member of various pre-Love bands with Arthur and Johnny) tell me all their memories and aknowledge about the band and related stuff, so I'm now try to putting together all of this and later self-published my book about Love. So, stay tuned, my "Love brothers"!!!.

cheers,
Bruno
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  20:28:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A very warm welcome, Bruno. And thank you for all your hard work on the list of concerts. I really look forward to you writing that book....and your English is excellent, by the way. Cheers!

Edited by - John9 on 08/05/2011 20:30:09
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  22:54:53  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
WOW...according to the list.....November 1966 Hullabaloo ..."the first night a film crew filmed the band's first set" !
YIKES! now...THAT would be GOOD TO SEE!!! (even if just audio)!

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page

The Freedom Man
Old Love

Netherlands
553 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  12:23:46  Show Profile  Visit The Freedom Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wasn't that the group of students who filmed parts of the show? I believe Michael tells about it in his book.That footage was never found, would be awesome if one of the crew discovers it!

http://www.thefreedomman.com/
PRESS THE LINK!
Go to Top of Page

ALLANAGAIN
Old Love

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  13:12:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Bruno....good luck with the book and life in general!
Go to Top of Page

captain america and billy
Old Love

907 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  15:36:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love ever venture back east to Boston at all?I know they mostly stayed out west,but a couple of friends who enjoyed sixties music as original fans did recall mention of their name out here a few times back then.
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  17:25:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. Bruno! Excellent...for Love fans your Gig List reads like a fine book!

What a GREAT LoVE story!!

Bruno Ceriotti
First Love

Italy
21 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  20:10:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys!

I wanted to let you know that I've update and correct my "Love Family Tree - Performance List" with a few new stuff and stories. Take a look!

cheers,
Bruno Ceriotti
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2011 :  08:49:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

As ever Bruno, a fascinating read. I have a particular interest in all the comings and goings during the late 60s/early 70s and your work services this magnificently. Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

Bruno Ceriotti
First Love

Italy
21 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2011 :  23:03:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"My Little Red Book" by Bruno Ceriotti and with the forewords by Johnny Echols and Michael Stuart-Ware, is the most comprehensive, compelling, complete, immensely detailed, impeccably researched, and meticulously compiled account ever published about LOVE, one of the most influental bands in the history of rock. The ebook collates eye-witness accounts, tour dates and gig locations, record releases and reviews, recording studio data and contemporary interviews, and is illustrated with a rare collection of period photographs and print memorabilia. All this is woven into an absorbing day-by-day narrative format that tells the story of LOVE in a way that will surprise and delight even their most dedicated fans!!!.

This book tells the band’s story, but also describes the life story of each of the members of LOVE: where they came from, what their roots where, how they see their time with the band, and what they experienced afterwards. It has been written with the close participation of LOVE's former members: Johnny Echols, Michael Stuart-Ware, Alban 'Snoopy' Pfisterer and Craig Tarwater.

This is a truly TERRIFIC book to treasure. This book will stay by your side like an encyclopedia which you will study and refer to for years to come. The author traces LOVE's story in a maniacally detailed chronology and leaves no stone unturned!!!.

"My Little Red Book" is available only in digital editions (ebook, 133 pgs, 91 photos) only through the official website: http://mylittleredbook.weebly.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page