Re Echols post Love
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  23:40:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
any recordings of Echols with Forssi in NY for Elektra (for Gethesemene) ever surface anywhere?

I think the only recording thats surfaced of Johnny Echols playing guitar is on a Baby Lemonade best of of a Love track (Bummer in the Summer).

anyone know of Echols work with Miles?

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2010 :  15:34:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

any recordings of Echols with Forssi in NY for Elektra (for Gethesemene) ever surface anywhere?

I think the only recording thats surfaced of Johnny Echols playing guitar is on a Baby Lemonade best of of a Love track (Bummer in the Summer).

anyone know of Echols work with Miles?

Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2010 :  12:49:38  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
http://love.torbenskott.dk/tour2005/20050701_stourbridge_echols_interview.asp

If you're interested, I interviewed Johnny on the last UK tour without Arthur in 2005, follow the link! Johnny is a real cool guy.
Go to Top of Page

gatemouthmoore
Fourth Love

202 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2010 :  20:37:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

The Freedom Man wrote:
How was it working with Miles Davis and on which LP's can you be heard?
Was there ever a Tour planned?

Miles and I had known each other for years, since back in the day when Love was at Bido Lito's. When I moved to New York, we would often get together, and noodle. We discussed working together, many many times. So In the late seventies, Miles wanted to end a several year hiatus, and start playing again. We tried hooking up with, "urban street musicians." The project was ill-conceived, and never got past the rehearsal stage. Miles played a few notes, and soon left in disgust. I listened to the tapes, and there was nothing there except noise. There was absolutely nothing worth hearing again. And I trust they are decomposing in a land fill somewhere. There are no commercially available recordings, of Miles and I anywhere!!! JE.
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2010 :  15:16:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gatemouthmoore

The Freedom Man wrote:
How was it working with Miles Davis and on which LP's can you be heard?
Was there ever a Tour planned?

Miles and I had known each other for years, since back in the day when Love was at Bido Lito's. When I moved to New York, we would often get together, and noodle. We discussed working together, many many times. So In the late seventies, Miles wanted to end a several year hiatus, and start playing again. We tried hooking up with, "urban street musicians." The project was ill-conceived, and never got past the rehearsal stage. Miles played a few notes, and soon left in disgust. I listened to the tapes, and there was nothing there except noise. There was absolutely nothing worth hearing again. And I trust they are decomposing in a land fill somewhere. There are no commercially available recordings, of Miles and I anywhere!!! JE.

Thats what Ive been trying to say from day 1. Another myth gone south.
What year exactly did this 'project' take place?
Go to Top of Page

TJSAbass
Fourth Love

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2010 :  22:39:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Another myth gone south. "

This is a good thing! Thanks to Johnny for answering these questions. Love has got to be one of the most myth-intensive bands out there. Who has more? Zeppelin? Doors? Stones? Seriously.
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2011 :  00:28:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TJSAbass

"Another myth gone south. "

This is a good thing! Thanks to Johnny for answering these questions. Love has got to be one of the most myth-intensive bands out there. Who has more? Zeppelin? Doors? Stones? Seriously.

With Love, you cant tell the myths from the myths.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2011 :  22:38:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
or Syd Barrett

Apparently he recorded with a band called the Pink Floyd Sound before going off on his own .. WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED OF THIS?!?!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page