Mikes latest Diary
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ocfan
Fourth Love

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  02:21:57  Show Profile  Visit ocfan's Homepage  Click to see ocfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Looks like Arthur may be on the "mend" from his illness. Good news!
Mike's latest diary should give us all hope that we will be seeing them perform again. Yahoo!!!!

jimmyboy
Fourth Love

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  03:50:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HEY OCFAN! I PICKED UP THE SAME FEELING YOU DID IN THE NEW DIARY WHICH SEEMS TO BE OUR ONLY LINK
INTO WHAT GOES ON WITH THOSE GUYS!! I'M LOOKING AT THE FUTURE OF LOVE WITH A BIT MORE OPTIMISM THAN I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO MUSTER SINCE THE COACHOUSE..
Go to Top of Page

bigrubberglove
Fourth Love

188 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  05:28:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anyone say with any confidence exactly WHAT happened to Arthur? I've heard many things but nothing conclusive.

Based on his behavior that night it seems he may have had a lot of pain killers in him.
Go to Top of Page

hvy2nz
First Love

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  11:28:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey BIGrUbBeRgLoVe, diddos to you asking the same question over and over, but it looks like as close as were going to get is mikes posts and THE jazzzzman posts. Even though the ch show in THE oc was not up to the BETTER than studio quality dvd..Arthur was really (in his own
words) "bearing what little soul he has left" I still believe Arthur was explaining everything durning the 22 minute signed dc he opened with ("just a gift"), combined with a multitude of comments he made between other songs that night, i think everybody who posted here trying to figure out what happened is correct, there was a lot of **** in play that night: the loss of dc a few months earlier,everybodys need for new killer tunes, girlfriend breakup ("nancy not fancy")?, fancy the pit bull "breakin his ribs on the right side before he broke the ones on the left side", POSSIBLE pain killers, POSSIBLE recreational pain killers, "gettin back on the Horse and than falling off and bumpin his motherf'nnn head, something about the california fans, he seemed more bumed out, depressed on top of all the other things....more later...in retrospect it was still a killer show, he still kicked buttt like someone said here earlier.....anyways let me say the show was still great (first time ive seen love). question to all you love luvvers around the world when was the last time you saw him open with signedc and 22 minutes at that...Long live Arthur Lee and his whole love band.
Go to Top of Page

jimmyboy
Fourth Love

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  04:05:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AS MUCH AS I LOVE ARTHUR AND THE BOYS,22 MINUTES OF SIGNED D.C. ON THE IST SONG OF THE SET WOULD BE CAUSE FOR ALARM. I'D BET IT WASN'T ON THE ORIGINAL SET LIST.
Go to Top of Page

hvy2nz
First Love

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  08:00:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
signed dc was a gift. everybody in the ch was alarmed when Arthur first (barely) walked on/across the stage and his guitar was gently placed over his head. that darn fancy, broke em on the right side b4 they broke on the left side. i dont think they used a set list at all that nite, there was heavy discussion between each song. "let me here johnny e play it one more time"
Go to Top of Page

jimmyboy
Fourth Love

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  08:52:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AS AN AUDIENCE MEMBER I WOULD BE UNCOMFORTABLE TO SEE ARTHUR COME ON IN THAT KIND OF SHAPE.AS A FAN AND LONG TIME FOLLOWER IT WOULD BREAK MY HEART.WITH ALL RESPECT TO HVY2NZ,IF YOU'D SEEN THE HOUSE OF BLUES SHOW FROM 2003 AS YOUR FIRST SHOW INSTEAD OF COACH HOUSE YOU MAY UNDERSTAND ALL THE FUSS.WHEN I SAW THE 1ST NIGHT AT SPACELAND A FEW MONTHS AGO HE WAS SCARING ME. I LEFT EARLY AND FELT SO BAD FOR THE BAND ESPECIALLY MIKE RANDLE.AS I WALKED TO MY CAR ANOTHER GUY WAS OUTSIDE IN TEARS!HE FELT THE SAME WAY.
Go to Top of Page

jimmyboy
Fourth Love

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  08:56:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IN FAIRNESS TO ARTHUR HE CAME ON THE NEXT NIGHT VERY HUMBLE AND APOLOGETIC TO THE AUDIENCE AS WELL AS HIS FANTASTIC AND EXTREMELY PATIENT BAND AND PLAYED ONE HELL OF A LOVE CONCERT.NOT TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT BUT IF ANYONE KNOWS THE DEE JAY AT SPACELAND I NEED THE TITLE OF THAT IMPORT CD BY SHOCKING BLUE THAT YOU PLAYED IN YOUR FANTASTIC SETS.
Go to Top of Page

hvy2nz
First Love

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  17:39:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
COMEON JIMMYBOY THIS IS "THE LOVE BOARD" I have all the same feeling expressed thru-out this board including yours and more. You're missing the point of my posts, i'm just trying to put a positive spin on that nite. So lets not get in a pissing match, i do UNDERSTAND ALL THE FUSS i helped start it peace and love to you jimmyboy
Go to Top of Page

bigrubberglove
Fourth Love

188 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  23:58:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm psyched to hear this! Great news.

But you gotta admit that this is bitter-sweet.

It's kind of like a REALLY rocky and tumultous marriage that is great when it is on but awful when things go bad. Amd at all times there is some tension and festering resentment. But if the boys are cool with it then I am ready to throw my money at them should they play in the US.

I suppose that they all need money and can make more working together than separately.

Go to Top of Page

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2005 :  00:32:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Think you hit the nail on the head there BRG.
Go to Top of Page

jimmyboy
Fourth Love

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2005 :  02:41:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HVY2NZ HAS PROPERLY PUT ME IN MY PLACE AND I APPRECIATE THE NUDGE.I WASN'T EVEN THERE SO WHAT THE
HELL DO I KNOW?I WAS JUST GOING BY ALL THE NERVOUS CHATTER THAT I READ ON THIS SITE! AND SINCE IT APPEARS THAT THEY ARE NOW SCHEDULING SHOWS THAT WAHT HAPPENED BETWEEN THEM WAS WAY OVERBLOWN AND THAT MONEY IS NOT THE PRIMARY MOTIVE.THANKS TO HVY2NZ!
Go to Top of Page

hvy2nz
First Love

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2005 :  03:08:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what?
Go to Top of Page

gordo
Third Love

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2005 :  12:16:10  Show Profile  Visit gordo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
I NEED THE TITLE OF THAT IMPORT CD BY SHOCKING BLUE

I've got a few Shocking Blue CD's, what were the songs you heard?
Go to Top of Page

jimmyboy
Fourth Love

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2005 :  03:57:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HEY GORDO..THANKS FOR THE OFFER BUT I DON'T REMEMBER THE NAMES OF THE TUNES.I DIDN'T REALIZE WHO THE BAND WAS TIL I ASKED THE DJ.IT WAS IN A DIGI PAK AND WAS PROBABLY AN IMPORT.IVE SEEN A FEW CD'S OUT THERE BUT THEY WERENT THE ONE.THANKS ANYWAY FRIEND.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page