New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Allan
Old Love

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  18:14:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only the 'old schoolers' here know him. I did have the pleasure of meeting with him and attended a LOVE concert with him at Town Hall in NYC with The Zombies. A very fascinating individual from England now transplanted here in the States. He was a roadie for some groups back in the day, and knew quite a lot of bands and their members. His stories and memories are pure throw back. As Moby Grape would say...'A Truly Fine Citizen"

Well, I just got off the phone with him. All is well. I haven't been in touch for a few years now, but have often thought of him.

I told him I'm still on Torben's board, and that he should 'stop in' and say hello to all of his old mates.

So, let this post bring positive responses from all, and 'will' him back to us. Perhaps, he will see this thread, and return to this happy place

With good thoughts

Allan

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  18:54:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being more 'middle school' than 'old school', I don't know LarryNYC -but I would very gladly will him back. And it would be great to hear again from the other friends from whom we have not heard from some time. I think especially of Ed The Bear...and Scully...and Barbinberkley....and Flowering Toilet....and Wendywhen and also the guy in the US (I forget his name) who was able to order for several of us in Europe, the Love Blue Thumb anthology when it initially looked as though no one outside America would ever get to see or hear it.

Edited by - John9 on 12/01/2010 18:57:17
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  18:58:04  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Larry's a great guy, some years back we used to regularly chat on msn and, for a couple of years, exchanged Xmas cards but I lost his address and we've lost touch. Would be good to chat again with him, like a lot of 'old timers', who post occasionally now if at all, he is missed.
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  19:45:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, would be good to have Larry back. He used to come in the chatroom for the Sunday night chats we used to have here.
Go to Top of Page

jim
Third Love

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  13:10:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Come back Larry....the chat nights were cool

Cheers Jim.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly