Emotions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gatemouthmoore
Fourth Love

202 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2009 :  22:56:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw the movie "Medium Cool" last night, it was an interesting look-back at the sixties
and Emotions by Johnny Echols was the perfect theme song! I read somewhere Johnny saying
that the original title was Lonely Guitar which was the first song he had ever written.

For some strange reason, Jac Holtzman got Johnny's song confused with one he and Arthur had co-written...so they released Lonely Guitar, as Emotions giving Arthur co-writer credit.

It seems clear why Mr.Echols had no fondness for Holtzman or Elektra Records, they were
continually making those kind of "Mistakes" and always at his expense.

One would guess that Holtzman, never forgave Mr.Echols for insisting that they (the Group)keep the publishing, and ownership of their songs, which normally is controlled by the Record Co. and Publishing is one of the most royalty generating parts of the business!

I Remember asking my grandfather...when will I know, I have become an adult, he thought about it a while and responded, "When you have learned to rein-in your Darker impulses, and begin to exercise self control"
GMM

Edited by - gatemouthmoore on 15/11/2009 04:01:32
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page