3491 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2009 :  15:46:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sundazed looks like its shipping the new Arthur Lee cd next week

Anyone received theirs as yet?

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2009 :  16:16:15  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, but they took my money weeks ago which seems a bit wrong as most companies only take money when they actually ship.
Go to Top of Page

ThomasGalasso
Old Love

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2009 :  21:12:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Amoeba says November 10th!

It is disappointing. But oh well, at least its on its way.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2009 :  22:48:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems to be seeing release later in the UK, at least according to online sites like SpinCds and elsewhere
Go to Top of Page

ThomasGalasso
Old Love

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2009 :  22:49:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Yeah, I can imagine.

I hate it when the release is never what they originally put out there. Its the same with the reiusse to Loveless. That may never come out the way Kevin Shields is acting.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2009 :  23:25:23  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

It seems to be seeing release later in the UK, at least according to online sites like SpinCds and elsewhere

Maybe it is but I ordered mine direct from the US and they charged me a fortune for shipping (far more than I think it will cost). Like I said, I just think it is wrong that they take the money and then who knows when they will send it.
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  12:30:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just seen that there is a new release date of 24 November in America (according to Amazon and CD Universe).....I'm not sure about the UK though.

Edited by - John9 on 02/11/2009 12:31:45
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  17:39:31  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm getting quite annoyed at this. I ordered it weeks ago and they took the money immediately. They've had my money for weeks now and, no doubt, many others too... all this time they've had this money to earn interest and I have not. This is simply not an acceptable way to do business and it is making me very wary of ever buying anything from them again.
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  20:43:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi Caryne - who did you order it from? I know that Amazon do not activate the transaction until the order is processed and despatched.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  22:13:54  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by John9

Hi Caryne - who did you order it from? I know that Amazon do not activate the transaction until the order is processed and despatched.

Direct from Sundazed. I said before, on another post I think, that I thought their cost for shipping was really high too and, as I said, I am getting increasingly fed up with this. I know that Amazon only take money when they send goods, I wish Sundazed would work in this more honest way.
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  11:14:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Caryne - I've had a look at the Sundazed site and I would have thought that you have a very good case for cancelling the order with them....especially if they haven't kept you up to speed with release date slippage. Additionally, I would be reluctant to order such a high value item from an American supplier because of the danger of excise duty....Sundazed's current price of $28.98 I would have thought, would be very close to the point at which HM Customs become interested....and of course whenever that happens, the good old Royal Mail always demand a piece of the action with their outrageous £5 'handling charge'. I know that Spin's price for the vinyl seems high but their postal charges are modest. Moreover, they certainly don't take your money first.....and of course there would be no duty to pay.

http://www.spincds.com/archives.asp?id=15829

Edited by - John9 on 03/11/2009 11:17:43
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  11:34:40  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Caryne - I've had a look at the Sundazed site and I would have thought that you have a very good case for cancelling the order with them....especially if they haven't kept you up to speed with release date slippage. Additionally, I would be reluctant to order such a high value item from an American supplier because of the danger of excise duty....Sundazed's current price of $28.98 I would have thought, would be very close to the point at which HM Customs become interested....and of course whenever that happens, the good old Royal Mail always demand a piece of the action with their outrageous £5 'handling charge'. I know that Spin's price for the vinyl seems high but their postal charges are modest. Moreover, they certainly don't take your money first.....and of course there would be no duty to pay.

http://www.spincds.com/archives.asp?id=15829

I've never had any problems with ordering single items from the USA before, it's when you order a large amount there is often a problem with customs, one record, CD, DVD etc always seems ok. Saying that, I received 25 copies of the 12" EP that was released in the USA by my husbands band and I didn't get charged either!! (Probably luck that)

The thing is, I wonder how easy it is to actually get my money back from Sundazed? I certainly couldn't afford to order from Spin (or anywhere else) until I get the refund so I'm in a bit of a stalemate at the moment. It's a pity really as I've been buying from Sundazed for years with no problems and then it all goes downhill with this record.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  11:52:40  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
By the way, that price from Spin for the double vinyl (£29.99) is ridiculously high, I wouldn't order it from there on principle!!
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  11:53:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You will be charged import VAT if the goods exceed £18 in value:

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageVAT_ShowContent&id=HMCE_CL_000014&propertyType=document#P32_2450

I've been caught a few times this way. When musicians send copies of their own work into/ouside the EU they can be deemed as 'commercial samples of negligable value' or simply as 'gifts'. In neither case is duty payable then...but with an online retailer it is different. For you to have ordered from Sundazed, you must now have an account with them........try going to your account page to see what options are available. If 'cancellation and refund' is not one of them, I would then use the email facility on the site. In Britain of course we have fairly tight laws which protect the consumer in situations like this....I'm not sure what the position is in America. I can see how irksome the whole thing must be for you......but I wish you well with it.

Edited by - John9 on 03/11/2009 11:57:07
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  12:01:47  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

You will be charged import VAT if the goods exceed £18 in value:

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageVAT_ShowContent&id=HMCE_CL_000014&propertyType=document#P32_2450

I've been caught a few times this way. When musicians send copies of their own work into/ouside the EU they can be deemed as 'commercial samples of negligable value' or simply as 'gifts'. In neither case is duty payable then...but with an online retailer it is different. For you to have ordered from Sundazed, you must now have an account with them........try going to your account page to see what options are available. If 'cancellation and refund' is not one of them, I would then use the email facility on the site. In Britain of course we have fairly tight laws which protect the consumer in situations like this....I'm not sure what the position is in America. I can see how irksome the whole thing must be for you......but I wish you well with it.

I've emailed Sundazed asking for a refund.

Yes, I know £18.00 is the customs limit, however, I am going to buy it (if I get a refund) from Amazon.com who are currently selling it for $27.53 (£16.87) which is below the customs limit and even with their shipping of $6.48, only adds up to the equivalent of around £20.00, much cheaper than Spin or Sundazed.

Thanks for your help.
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  12:05:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

....the best of all possible worlds! I must admit, I have not placed an order for Love Lost....in any format. Since splashing out for the two Beatles box sets a couple months ago, I promised myself a complete moratorium on anything like that. And so far....I've kept to it! It would have been different had we been looking at outtakes from any of Love's pre 1970 work...I would definitely have made an exception then.......but Vindicator demo tracks will have to wait for now.

Edited by - John9 on 03/11/2009 12:31:58
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page