Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  21:50:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fairport Convention's first with Judy Dyble ain't bad...at all!!

And Pentangle' first......we're Pentangling now!!

BobbyFischer
Fifth Love

Norway
440 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  00:39:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Loves first album!! Really surprises me no one else on this board seems to recognise its quality,Little red book,signed DC,softly to me,my flash on you!Ok some few fillers but besides of that just one fantastic record that newer seems to get the recognisition it deserves on this board where albums like the incurable lame Real to real gets much more attention!

Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  00:50:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BobbyFischer

Loves first album!! Really surprises me no one else on this board seems to recognise its quality,Little red book,signed DC,softly to me,my flash on you!Ok some few fillers but besides of that just one fantastic record that newer seems to get the recognisition it deserves on this board where albums like the incurable lame Real to real gets much more attention!

It was certainly a very good album...and of course to the ardent Love fan, it has classic status. But I would think that the objective observer sees in it a derivative quality.....alongside its sparks of originality. I think that the band drew quite heaviliy on the Stones, the Yardbirds and the Byrds for their debut. To my mind it was only with Da Capo that they forged a sound that was all their own - although the magic is definitely there on the first one.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  11:12:44  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I hadn't noticed that people here have ever really said they didn't like the first album or preferred Reel to Real and I've been posting here since the start of the board!!! Anyway, of course it's a great album but, in this thread, I was pretty much taking 'Love' as given and concentrating on other artists, wouldn't be surprised if others were doing the same.
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  04:16:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My personal favourite would be Robert Wyatt's 'Rock Bottom'. Sales wise, I'd say 'Tubular Bells' - and Oldfield was only 19 when he recorded it IIRC. I was going to say 'Astral Weeks', but then remembered it was album 2.
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  14:22:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Electric Music For The Mind and Body

Please Please Me

Spirit-Spirit

Fresh Cream

Led Zep I

Are You Experienced?

Left Banke

Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.
--william saroyan

Edited by - lemonade kid on 10/09/2009 14:22:51
Go to Top of Page

BobbyFischer
Fifth Love

Norway
440 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  19:25:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by caryne

quote:

I hadn't noticed that people here have ever really said they didn't like the first album or preferred Reel to Real and I've been posting here since the start of the board!!! Anyway, of course it's a great album but, in this thread, I was pretty much taking 'Love' as given and concentrating on other artists, wouldn't be surprised if others were doing the same.

It wasnt my intention to imply that people on this board didnt like The first album, and re-reading my post I should have used the word attention instead of recognition,sorry about that.My point was that its seldom discussed here compared to reel to real and vindicator. And I dont take for granted Love as given in this thread, since its not their best album( although in my opinion second with Da Capo) and you may as John E`s good point argue its partially lack of originality.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  19:59:58  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by caryne

quote:

It wasnt my intention to imply that people on this board didnt like The first album, and re-reading my post I should have used the word attention instead of recognition,sorry about that.My point was that its seldom discussed here compared to reel to real and vindicator. And I dont take for granted Love as given in this thread, since its not their best album( although in my opinion second with Da Capo) and you may as John E`s good point argue its partially lack of originality.

Ah, attention is rather different than recognition (mind you can't say I've noticed that either but never mind).

What I meant was that this is then 'All the rest' section of the forum so I always presume that it is 'all the rest' and not 'Love' that we are talking about here. Sorry, perhaps I should have been clearer in what I meant.
Go to Top of Page

BobbyFischer
Fifth Love

Norway
440 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  21:23:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought "all the rest" section was in a catagory called.. all the rest.. but Im probably busted anyway since the subtext to Music discussion is: "This is the category for general discussions about music with no connection to Arthur Lee and Love",so Im awfully sorry about this mistake,in the world of High Fidelity I would probably be hung,so sorry for mention Arthur and his bunch of thugs in this Love free section,Im sure Im the only one who has broken that rule

Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  21:44:54  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I thought "all the rest" section was in a catagory called.. all the rest.. but Im probably busted anyway since the subtext to Music discussion is: "This is the category for general discussions about music with no connection to Arthur Lee and Love",so Im awfully sorry about this mistake,in the world of High Fidelity I would probably be hung,so sorry for mention Arthur and his bunch of thugs in this Love free section,Im sure Im the only one who has broken that rule

Hey,no need to take offence, I was just trying to be friendly and aplogising for not making my initial post clear. I even put a big smile by my post, oh well.....

Edited by - caryne on 11/09/2009 21:45:40
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  21:56:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like to think that we are all pretty informal about the relevance or otherwise of postings....threads as we have seen, often take on a life of their own...and in so doing, lead where they will.

Edited by - John9 on 11/09/2009 21:57:28
Go to Top of Page

BobbyFischer
Fifth Love

Norway
440 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  22:21:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry Caryne,just sensed some underlying sarcastic tone that I now see wasnt there except for in my imagination.
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  22:24:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The TROGGS

Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.
--william saroyan
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  22:48:12  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

sorry Caryne,just sensed some underlying sarcastic tone that I now see wasnt there except for in my imagination.

No, definitely not Bobby, sorry if you thought there was.

All I was ever saying that, to my mind, I just always think that, in this thread, when we are talking about greatest this, that or the other we are talking about other than 'Love'. It's just me
Go to Top of Page

BobbyFischer
Fifth Love

Norway
440 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  23:04:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My bad and appologises Caryne!no need to be sorry,my bad english and paranoia :-) But since Im still here,my fav album must(except Loves of course :-) must be Deep Purple`s first! Ok some vanilla fudge inspiration here and there but overall outplaying Vanilla and bringing some few ideas at their own at well!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page