Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

probyn gregory
First Love

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  20:55:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a quick note from the road to say thanks to all the faithful who came out to see Love featuring Johnny Echols, and weren't buffaloed by the absence of Elec. Prunes or Seeds or Moby Grape or Blues Magoos. Most of us may not be the original guys, but we are out here away from our families, performing this material because we honor the legacy of this unique music and want to keep it alive. Believe me, this tour is NOT making any money, so it can't be about that.
thanks again, fans
Probyn Gregory, side guy

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  21:04:49  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great to hear from you Probyn and so glad you are doing what you are. Best wishes from me and I, for one, am living in hope that you might all make the UK some time.
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  12:11:21  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As Caryne said, there's plenty of us here in the UK who would LOVE to see you all over here. It's great what everyone is doing over in the US and I wish you all the luck in the world. If it wasn't for you guys no one would be enjoying LOVE's great music. Keep the faith and ignore the doubters.

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  21:17:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting Probyn. I personally thought your keyboard playing brought something extra special to the sounds I heard in New York. If the tour comes to the UK it would be great if you're there too.
Go to Top of Page

scully
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
217 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  21:34:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PLEASE come to the UK, we need Love!
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2009 :  11:28:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting, Probyn. Along with the majority here, I appeciate all the efforts everyone is making - and yes, another plea to get the guys over here. I think you'll find the UK fanbase is pretty rabid and many will attend as many shows as possible.
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2009 :  00:41:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

quote:
Originally posted by boombox

Thanks for posting, Probyn. Along with the majority here, I appeciate all the efforts everyone is making - and yes, another plea to get the guys over here. I think you'll find the UK fanbase is pretty rabid and many will attend as many shows as possible.

I would say "along with everyone here". Whatever individual fans may think about the precise name, I would like to think that our applause for the venture is unanimous. No one who has ever seen Baby Lemonade in action could ever possibly doubt their passion and affinity for Love's music. And if the band should ever make their way to the North of England, I would certainly go and see them ...epecially for the privilege of seeing Johnny Echols. Some of the audience might think of them as 'Love'. Others might prefer 'Love Celebration'...who cares? Labels mean little when some of the best popular music ever composed is being performed with such verve and sensitivity.

I've just noticed the recent set lists from a few days ago. It is interesting to note that the material seems to have been exclusively from the time of the original lineup. I wonder if they will eventually include some of the better songs from the Four Sail/Out Here period.

Edited by - John9 on 21/08/2009 00:46:28
Go to Top of Page

jazmaan
Fifth Love

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2009 :  05:27:04  Show Profile  Visit jazmaan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd like to see "Love" play a "2010 Love-In" at Griffith Park along with the Doors. Are the Doors still performing?
Go to Top of Page

ruxprncd
Fifth Love

305 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2009 :  15:51:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probyn, thanks for being side guy par excellence :). You added a lot to what was already a great sound from the rest o' the guys and helped make this Love tour the best yet in terms of musicianship (not to mention great vocals from Rusty and Johnny).
Go to Top of Page

kdion11
Old Love

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2009 :  19:44:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jazmaan

I'd like to see "Love" play a "2010 Love-In" at Griffith Park along with the Doors. Are the Doors still performing?

KD: Hey Jazz........... Yes, but as "Riders of the Storm"

Free the names !
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2009 :  22:40:20  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Manzarek-Krieger" performs in L.A. oCT.6TH.
Densmore is still not friends with them, I guess.

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2009 :  01:25:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Didn't Krieger play live with Arthur once doing
"Roadhouse Blues"?
Go to Top of Page

The Freedom Man
Old Love

Netherlands
553 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2009 :  19:25:53  Show Profile  Visit The Freedom Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I believe that gig wasn't with Arthur but only with Baby Lemonade.Not too sure though.
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2009 :  19:44:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob f.

Unfortunately Ray is a bit divisive ...Robbie follows. Densmore doesn't like a lot of the
commercialization of the DOORS name and all that goes with it...feels that Jim wouldn't either. Too bad, but John has always had integrity and stuck to his convictions. Ray can be a bit of an a@#hole....

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2009 :  20:20:14  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lemonade kid

quote:
Originally posted by bob f.

Unfortunately Ray is a bit divisive ...Robbie follows. Densmore doesn't like a lot of the
commercialization of the DOORS name and all that goes with it...feels that Jim wouldn't either. Too bad, but John has always had integrity and stuck to his convictions. Ray can be a bit of an a@#hole....

I've always agreed with you here and felt Densmore had far more scruples than the others. There's a huge difference between playing and loving the Doors music and exploiting Jim's memory. It's a tricky one, not least because of the 'Love without Arthur' debate but it's seems, to me, that the two who are currently playing as 'Doors 21st Century' (or whatever it currently is) just seem to have, as you say, less scruples about why they are doing it.
Go to Top of Page

The Freedom Man
Old Love

Netherlands
553 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2009 :  22:54:00  Show Profile  Visit The Freedom Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That is true.However, those two were The Doors.It's their proffesion, it's the way they earn their money.That's one side.On the other hand I agree with John.The Doors were 4 guys, Jim, Ray, Robbie and John. One down, No Doors.
For me it's a chance to see the actual musicians, like Ray and Robby, and Johnny Echols(If he would come to Holland one day...)
The original music is long gone, but the original music is what caught me in the first place, and I will always follow the original music.The rest is just a substitute, sometimes good, sometimes less.It just gives you a glimpse of the past and that is what makes it special for me to see them.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page