New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  14:39:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ntced there's really no dvd out on Byrds performances throughout their career..kind of surprised..I'm wondering if it has anything to do with rights and all...there were so many different "Byrds" groups...

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  18:23:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

Ntced there's really no dvd out on Byrds performances throughout their career..kind of surprised..I'm wondering if it has anything to do with rights and all...there were so many different "Byrds" groups...

My record shop friend is a Byrds guy and for some reason it is really hard to even find a boot of any live Byrds, especially with the original lineup. If they existed you would think they would be coming out now, what with the Doors, Neil Young, Quicksilver etc all releasing never before issues of live shows. Neil must have had SOME sense of history, even back in 1968, with all his great live recordings....that he is finally releasing. Archives have been delayed--AGAIN!? What's with that?!!

Edited by - lemonade kid on 09/02/2009 18:30:04
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  15:11:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You knwo there is a Byrds dvd out called "Byrds Under Review" where there's a crit look at the band. There are other artists that get this treatment in "Under Review"..Neil Young too. For some reason, Messrs Hillman and McGuinn don't appear to have cooperated in the making of it. Supposedly they aren't on it much.
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  01:26:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only genuinely live Byrds DVD performances I've seen are from their European tour of 1971. Some months ago I posted a few links to to sites containing very interesting live Byrds audio material... and I managed to download quite a lot of it myself - especially from 1967-1969. Although McGuinn always said that the original lineup was probably not so great live, I never tire of listening to their Monterey performance - it is magnificent. Also, the more I listen to the note and harmony perfect McGuinn, Clark, Hillman and Crosby shows from early 1978, the more I wonder why they are so much better than anything that came before.

Edited by - John9 on 12/02/2009 01:30:39
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page