General discussions about music
 John Peel
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Scottishkeith
Third Love

82 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2004 :  15:25:43  Show Profile  Visit Scottishkeith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just heard the tragic news about John Peel's death while on holiday in Peru.

He'll be sadly missed.

He is solely responsible for the success of many bands and was a big Arthur Lee fan.

John R.I.P.

Our thoughts are with your family

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2004 :  15:43:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Top Scouser, Top Man RIP
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2004 :  16:45:56  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's just not right and it aint fair. I propose, for those of us who have it, a mass playing of 'Teenage Kicks', the 7" vinyl version, of course. One of the all time greats of the music industry...there's plenty I wouldn't have heard if it hadn't been for him. Much love to all who knew him.
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2004 :  21:20:18  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
R.I.P. John Peel...I grew up listening to John Peel from 10 to midnight on Radio 1... he played so much great music which I had never heard before......glad to see that the new bands tent at Glastonbury Festival is gonna be renamed the John Peel Stage from next year......

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2004 :  12:54:42  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just got back from holiday (somewhere where you couldn't get news/newspapers thank goodness) and read about John Peel, and just felt so sad. He was almost like a member of the family, his voice coming out of the radio is so carved into my consciousness. He had such an open mind about new music - and was a big Love fan right from the start. RIP John, you'll be missed.
Go to Top of Page

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2004 :  05:48:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think John would have been quite amused by the irony of being buried the same day as Yasser Arafat lol.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page