New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  12:25:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In addition to fascinating pieces on The Zombies and The Who, the December edition of 'Uncut'magazine carries a superb interview with Neil Young as well an intriguing four page feature on the soon to be released Bob Dylan biopic, 'I'm Not There'. Well represented in the photographs is Cate Blanchett who portrays Zimmerman in his white heat phase of 1965-66. Is there anything at all that this extraordinary actress cannot do? Yesterday, I saw her reprise magificently her role as Queen Elizabeth I in 'Elizabeth: The Golden Age'(highly recommended). Earlier this year we had Steven Soderburgh's 'The Good German' in which Blanchett played a young woman with a shadowy past and a shameful secret trying to survive in the ruins of post war Berlin. And just a few weeks before that she was in 'Notes on a Scandal' as an inexperienced young teacher, in a tough London secondary school, falling prey to the obsession and jealousy of an initially protective older colleague (played by Judy Dench).Cate Blanchett apparently had to take guitar lessons for this latest role. 'I'm Not There'?.....I damned well will be!

Edited by - John9 on 03/11/2007 12:55:18

Lizzyb
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
470 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  21:58:17  Show Profile  Visit Lizzyb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I heard her on the radio a couple of days ago - speaking, she just sounded (honest!) so much like the Dylan of that era...

amazing. I'll be there too.

Keep on shining
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page