Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Let me hear your balalaikas ringing out!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2007 :  21:35:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have just received via ebay the unusual edition of 'Vindicator' that I have mentioned recently. It is brand new and in a beautifully laminated gatefold mini LP sleeve that is a perfect replica of the 1972 American original. The colouring and the photographs are also exactly as they were. The CD is in a paper sleeve, one side of which carries the advert that appeared in the rock press upon the LP's original release - the one that has Arthur looking at the camera and holding a giant clock whose hands say 'a quarter to three'. The other side provides the full tracklisting - including the five bonus tracks. The CD itself has the original light brown A&M label - as well as the LP's catalogue number: SP-4356 . And where did it arrive from? ...... St Petersbourg .... at a cost of £4.99! If it is a fake then it is by far the best I have ever seen....of anything at all. I'll wager that once Vladimir Putin returns from Lisbon this weekend, he will be personally overseeing the first decent release of .... 'Black Beauty'!

Edited by - John9 on 27/10/2007 22:15:53

The Freedom Man
Old Love

Netherlands
553 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2007 :  23:37:53  Show Profile  Visit The Freedom Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good to hear that John.I got myself a copy also from the same seller as it looks very interesting to have.I'm expecting it early next week.Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by - The Freedom Man on 27/10/2007 23:38:50
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2007 :  11:59:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thanks for that, Freedom Man. I am sure that you will really appreciate it. Thirty-five years ago I made a special trip to London to buy the US import version and I was thrilled with the cover - the arrival yesterday of this little jewel reawakened all that euphoria.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page