MHM Podcast & News
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MHM
Third Love

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2007 :  22:14:24  Show Profile  Visit MHM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hope everyone is well!

I recently did a podcast to promote some of the bands on our label MileHighMusic and spin some of my favourite tunes of the moment, a kind of test flight. Click the link below to go to the podcast page and about mid-way down on the left – I think it is – there is a ‘play’ button. So if you have an hour spare to hopefully enjoy some tunes, take a listen and let me know your thoughts.

Well one thing I must admit, yes I feel ashamed to admit it, but I forgot to drop in a Love tune!! It was put together in an evening and I used what was in my music folder but rest assured they will get a play and a big plug on the next one at the end of the month.

If you have ideas for tune - which I'm sure all of you do, then let me know!

Best

Chris

http://milehighmusic.podomatic.com/

p.s. I just might have some stories and (big hope) possibly some pictures of Ken on the way but we'll just have to wait and see for now on that one. It would be great to find out more about him as he's probably had less coverage than the other members of Love but is held in very high regard by musicians and listeners alike.

www.BryanMacLean.com www.MileHighMusic.co.uk

barbinberkeley
Fourth Love

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2007 :  07:56:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will check out your podcast,it looks like a great lineup! You mentioned pictures of Ken. Is it Ken Forssi? I have been very curious about what kind of a person he was. He was such a great bass player on the Love albums. I like to turn up the bass in my car, and he just about blew out my speakers! I looked him up in Wikipedia, and it mentioned that in his later years he became interested in conspiracies. I used to like to research conspiracies, too, so I'd like to hear more about that. Pictures would be great, as there don't seem to be many on the internet.
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2007 :  15:49:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MHM..I had a chance to listen to it all...have to say you got a nice mix in there..I enjoyed it..."Up From the Underworld" was a real gem
from the vaults...wasn't familiar with that one by Frampton....got to look for that one out there and I really liked "Too Much Information", has a real good "VU" sound in there...
Go to Top of Page

MHM
Third Love

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2007 :  23:13:57  Show Profile  Visit MHM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the comments. Too Much Information was definitely a bit of a tip of the hat to the Velvets, The Mandrakes may well put that out through the label with another tune.
Up From The Underworld is just great, real period power pop, great production. The Herd also did I Don't Want Our Loving To Die which was another great boppy pop song, though very different to Underworld. You can grab a Herd best of cheap on Amazon or Ebay.
Hopefully I'll have time to put another show together by the end of the month, I'm aiming for monthly. I've got some good ideas for specials celebrating certain events or people but more on those as when time permits.

As for Ken comment, yes, I may well possibly be able to find out something more about him which would be great but I don't want to get mine & your hopes up too much just yet. I'll post as soon as I have anything really concrete.

Best

Chris

p.s. Any comments on tracks or suggestions for obscure tunes to spin gratefully received.

Go to Top of Page

MHM
Third Love

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  21:11:30  Show Profile  Visit MHM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just a quick note to say hi to everyone, happy new year and to say there's a new MileHighMusic podcast online that includes 'Stay Away' by The American Four, Arthur & Johnny's pre-Love band (for those few that haven't heard of them) so stop by, take a listen and leave a comment.

Best

Christy

http://milehighmusic.podomatic.com/

Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2008 :  16:19:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...real enjoyable set-list..even though the songs are "60's"-ish they still sound so fresh and vibrant..sure followed the mood of the era..the Hollies tune which started it off was one of their best songs..had me go back and listen to "I'm Alive" and their other fine songs on albums which kind of went under the radar...Romany, Magic Woman Touch..whole band was kind of under-rated I think even with all their hits...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page