New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John E
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2007 :  15:01:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The unimaginable has happened...with "That Lucky Old Sun" Brian Wilson has created a work that is comparable to "Smile". This is not to be missed - three nights left at the Royal Festival Hall, and they still have tickets. Go see! (I for one will be at all three).

Love to all, John E

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2007 :  17:25:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by John E

The unimaginable has happened...with "That Lucky Old Sun" Brian Wilson has created a work that is comparable to "Smile". This is not to be missed - three nights left at the Royal Festival Hall, and they still have tickets. Go see! (I for one will be at all three).

Love to all, John E

I can fully endorse what John has said and good to see him on Wednesday. Not just That Lucky Old Sun but the rest of the concert was superb with Brian more relaxed and confident than the two previous times I have seen him and interacting well with the audience.

There are two songs from That Lucky Old Sun streaming at Brian's website though I chose not to listen to them prior to the concert so I could first experience them live and in the context of the whole piece, Midnight's Another Day in particular has a lovely melody and harmonies.

Brian Wilson website:
http://www.brianwilson.com/

Edited by - mikeb on 14/09/2007 17:26:02
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2007 :  22:23:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
..great that you're seeing a legend...Brian's one of a kind...as Ronstadt mentions he went through a lot of pain to give us great melodies and harmonies...in the meantime I'm going to go and give "Imagination" a listen.......
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page