New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Michael West
First Love

Denmark
16 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2007 :  14:14:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had the great pleasure last night of seeing the Love Story documentary followed by the beyond wonderful R.F.H recording of Forever Changes from 2003.

For us older rabid fans, the documentary didn't reveal much new, but it was great to see Arthur revisiting old haunts like the castle. The interviews were good. Arthur was rather modest and self-ironic (for him) and Johnny E was particularly eloquent. Jac H. and Bruce B. from Elektra were surprisingly positive despite Arthur's mixed behavior.

To see the concert on a big screen with good speakers was a supreme joy, and a reminder once again how good Arthur could be and how lucky he was to have the boys in the band backing him and the support of Gene Kraut. (It was also great to see Torben S. credited on both the documentary and the concert film. Torben has done as much as anyone to promote and prolong Love's existence.)

If you haven't gotten a copy yet of this concert do it. The audience here in Copenhagen last night were bouncing in their seats with ecstasy and with tears in their eyes (me!)

As David Angell, the orchestral arranger of F.C. said in an interview in Love Story, "I didn't feel pride at being involved. I felt gratitude."

That's the way a lot of us feel about these musical treasures we've received.

The Freedom Man
Old Love

Netherlands
553 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2007 :  23:31:54  Show Profile  Visit The Freedom Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pitty you didn't see my name at the credits

I freezed the footage for 5 minutes, only because I was proud to see my name at the credits.

(Sorry, had to brag a bit!)

Cheers,
Ed

Edited by - The Freedom Man on 28/04/2007 23:35:48
Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2007 :  20:35:18  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
We love you too Ed!!
Go to Top of Page

The Freedom Man
Old Love

Netherlands
553 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2007 :  22:53:36  Show Profile  Visit The Freedom Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Edited by - The Freedom Man on 29/04/2007 22:53:46
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page