Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John E
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2007 :  14:12:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This turned out to be a great evening, with the stalls virtually full
and some people sitting in the circle. The Prince Charles cinema has unusual seating with seats that slope down from the back, then start rising upwards again towards the front. Thus, I thought it best to resume my usual postion at Love gigs - that is front row, dead centre!
The film started 30 minutes later than advertised, but it was good to hear the whole of "Notorious Byrd Brothers" played while we were waiting, which set the right mood for the evening. Although I've seen "Love Story" twice before, I appreciated it more than ever this time. Like "Forever Changes" itself, the movie improves with repeated exposure. This time, I caught several quotes I'd previously missed, and appreciated it more now that I'm familiar with the diverse and extremely likeable cast of characters involved. I also realised how skilfully the directors have woven the material together, and how perfectly their choice of songs match the sequences for which they are used. It's a remarkable synchronicity that three great rock documentaries emerged simultaneously last year (the other two being
"The U.S. v John Lennon" and "30th Century Man" (on Scott Walker).
After the showing of "Love Story" last night, there was once again a very interesting questionaire with diectors Mike Kerry and Chris Hall.
It was also good to talk briefly with them afterwards, and meet up with Mike Dimarco and his wife, who were the only faces from the "love gang" that I recognised in the audience, last night.
Love to all, John E

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2007 :  19:15:17  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So glad it was a great evening John E. I did think originally about coming down to London for last night but fortunately for me the film is coming to Nottingham on May 9th, so will see it for the second time then - first time Gothenburg which was brilliant! I can see that the Scott Walker film is coming to the Broadway in Nottingham as well so will aim to see that too.

Hopefully see you sometime - we need to get that get-together sorted.
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2007 :  19:29:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to hear that the screening in London went well. I would have loved to have gone but unfortunately a prior commitment prevented me from doing so. Hopefully I'll get to see it again sometime soon.

We definitely need that get-together Tina!

Love
Gill
Go to Top of Page

John E
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2007 :  23:23:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Gill and Tina,
Good to hear from you both! I do hope we all get a chance to meet up again before too long. I'm also hoping that Johnny and the Lems will
return to these shores again, soon.
Love, John E
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page