Negative Review of Arthur Lee's Vindicator
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

otis robb
Third Love

50 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  03:53:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some people are just not in the know or have different expectations!
Anyway in an OCTOBER 1972 issue of Circus Magazine gave this album the boot. 'At one point in his career, ARthur Lee, was considered ome of the most prolific writers in America.' 'As lead singer/composer with LOVE, Lee catapulted both himself and the group into the category of underground legends back in the late 60's' 'Sadly he his new release, Vindicator'is a collections of grunters which are slightly better than junk.' 'Devoid' of taste and originality, the album proves itself to be totally worthless except when used as a Frisbee!'
Interestingly, the gentlemen who panned AL, really enjoyed the then ARGENT ALBUM, 'All Together Now' and also love then LENNON/ONO-Sometime in New York City album(sorry John Fans), but should have been given the boot. Even the live ZAPPA side with the famed twosome was well, why would one want to hear someone screaming, AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH, with Mr. Lennon hollering 'Scumbag' over this nonsense. (i wont go any further into that , except that I have a very interesting story from ANYSLEY DUNBAR, drummist, who was with Zappa/Mothers back in 1971/1972 regarding Lennon. I wasnt surprised about this either since I heard about incidences several times about John) Till the next...
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page