Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

John E
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2007 :  22:06:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Allanagain,
Thanks for your message. Actually, I have no doubt that Donovan is a nice guy (pity he doesn't seem to realise that it's okay now to meet fans after the gigs!). A friend of mine met Donovan and Linda at a New Age weekend a few years ago, and she liked them very much. I enjoyed your 30th anniversary reminiscences. As it happens, I went to the 25th Brian Jones anniversary gig at the Marquee, where Donovan played alongside the Blues Band, Pretty Things and Marianne Faithful. It was on my 43rd birthday and I got Marianne's autograph and kissed her! If you're still in touch with Julian and Linda, perhaps you could do me a favour. Ask them if by any miracle, they know Brian's birth time.I wrote an article on Brian's astrological chart, which you might like to read (http://www.astrolodge.co.uk/clubof27/articles/jones4.html)
I think it's quite a good article, even if you skip the astro jargon.
All the best, John E
Go to Top of Page

ALLANAGAIN
Old Love

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2007 :  01:21:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi John,
i have just read your article on Brian Jones with great interest, well done, a fine peice of writing. I havent seen Julian for some time, and he was living back in the states in Joshua Tree, last i heard, however i know one or two freinds who i am sure will be still in contact, and i shall do my very best to try and find the time of his birth for you.
I beleive Linda and Don are still living in Ireland.
I truly beleive the Stones best work was done with Brian, epecailly At His Satanic Majestys Request.
Your memories of Brians 25th aniversary gig also reminded me i met Marian Faithfull at the 30th aniversary gig i went to, and a very nice person she was as well.
It is truly sad that a talent so great left us so early, and the band he was going to form with Jimi and Stevie Windwood(?) would have really been something special.
Thanks again for a great article and photographs. Hopefuly i will be able to find out the information for you.
LOVE
Allan
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page