Neil Young and Crazy Horse Eurotour?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  02:21:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are strong rumours of dates being announced soon. I had thought his days of touring with the Horse were over. This I am NOT not miss. Credit cards at the ready, any Neilites on the board!

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  18:39:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeh loving neil young! keep me posted
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  20:44:56  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
saw Neil Young do a solo acoustic show in London about 3 years ago I am a big fan of Neil Young , Solo, with Buffalo Springfield and Crazy Horse be looking out for U.K. dates..

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  20:50:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please keep us informed!

Perhaps the only gig I will travel abroad for.

Well, perhaps to France. Not going to fly to Japan for him.
Go to Top of Page

Bobinbed
Fourth Love

Sweden
106 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  21:43:40  Show Profile  Visit Bobinbed's Homepage  Send Bobinbed a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'd love to see that happen! I saw him on the Mirrorball tour in (I think) 1995. It's time for a new Neil fix!

- "What do you mean it's a literary high?"
- "It's a Kafka high. It makes you feel like a bug."
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  23:54:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will be there too. I thought of going to see CSN last year, but decided against it as it wasn't CSNY. From the recordings I have, the US CSNY shows blew away the European CSN shows. Neil seems to be the magic ingredient.
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2007 :  00:28:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I first saw him on the 'Zuma' tour, with Crazy Horse, from about twenty feet away, and even though I've never expected anything to top that, I've managed to catch up with him about every five years since, but the last time was when he last toured UK with the Horse, at the end of the last century. Then, I only managed to get a last minute 'pass-out' from my wife, when we were coping as best we could with our new multiple-birth family. It was an arena gig, my back was against the rear wall, and Neil was just a dot in a stetson, but a killer 'Cinnamon Girl' final encore sent me home happy, even though I wondered if I would ever witness it again.
Since then, with apparent disagreements with Frank Sampedro, his health scare, the true severity of which has been little publicised, and statements that he no longer felt up to the demands of a band tour, I had just about given up on the idea.
Should these Horse rumours become fact, which I think will be the case, I am treating it as a 'last chance to see'...and boy, will I be trying to get twenty feet away again. Will keep you posted.
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2007 :  11:43:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
for anyone living in north, the tyneside cinema is playing this again in the new gateshead digs

http://www.tynecine.org/whatson/backbydemand.php#neilyoung

Never saw neil live but feel I need to, was very disapointed with crosby and nash when I saw them as they played all of crosby's sons songs, I didn't go to hear his sons songs! looking forward to Dylan in april
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2007 :  20:39:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jellybean

looking forward to Dylan in april

Enjoy Dylan.

I saw him a couple of years ago at the Newcastle Arena, and it was a bit sh1t!

Hope they sort it out for this tour.

Edited by - Cal Jam on 12/01/2007 20:40:06
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2007 :  14:29:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my friends went to that show caljam and said the same, thats why I have been put off from seeing Dylan but decided I woud like to see the great man with my own two eyes while it's still possible. I really like his new album so heres hoping!
Go to Top of Page

Bobinbed
Fourth Love

Sweden
106 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2007 :  11:32:05  Show Profile  Visit Bobinbed's Homepage  Send Bobinbed a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, the thing with Dylan is... He's a moody bastard. If you catch him on a good day he sounds great, otherwise it's a waste of ticket. A bit of a gamble...

- "What do you mean it's a literary high?"
- "It's a Kafka high. It makes you feel like a bug."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page