House of Blues DVD
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jazmaan
Fifth Love

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2006 :  01:32:13  Show Profile  Visit jazmaan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was just watching my copy of the House of Blues DVD. I think HOB may have been the finest moment for "Love with the Forever Changes Ensemble".

It sure would be nice to see this DVD become available to the fans again.

ladylove
Fifth Love

276 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2006 :  03:13:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personally, I think it COULD have been a good DVD -- if the entire concert had been filmed. Unfortunately, it cuts off before we are able to see JE and DC perform (which was DC's final performance before he passed on). This was history, and the only footage showing all of them is that lame rehearsal What a wasted opportunity

After waiting for so long to finally get my copy, I found it to be a very disappointing DVD -- but, that's just my opinion

LOVE and peace to all, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2006 :  03:46:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And to you too, finelyfree. Ditto Johnny. Hope he's well, taken a deep breath and that the creative juices are flowing.
Go to Top of Page

bigrubberglove
Fourth Love

188 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2006 :  08:23:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
finelyfree, I respectfully think you are dead wrong. This show has Arthur at his best!!!! Jazmaan is 100% correct!!!
Go to Top of Page

ladylove
Fifth Love

276 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2006 :  23:22:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BRG, Let me clarify: This was definitely an outstanding performance by Arthur and the guys. When Arthur was good, he was SOOOOO good...and this concert shows him in terrific form, absolutely!! My comments were in reference to the production of the DVD.

Thanks, MikeP for the kind words, which I will pass along to JE (he's doing very well, thank you!)

LOVE and peace to all --

And let's keep a prayer in our hearts for one classy lady, Mrs. Diane Lee...it's been a rough year, and she has handled her loss with such dignity.

Edited by - ladylove on 01/01/2007 01:54:03
Go to Top of Page

jimmyboy
Fourth Love

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  00:04:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fortunately for me I own a copy and I also attended the show. As I've said before it was MAGNIFICENT!! The production credits are given to Arthur Lee. Unfortunately he's not around to respond to any complaints.With an obvious ZERO budget I would say that the cameraman/soundman did a damn good job of capturing the evening for posterity.We owe the famous New Guy for that!!
Go to Top of Page

ladylove
Fifth Love

276 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  01:52:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amen to that, you hit the nail right on the head And, of course, all props to Nick for his hard work
Go to Top of Page

jazmaan
Fifth Love

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  02:50:12  Show Profile  Visit jazmaan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That encore of "Smokestack Lightning" was just a rambling blues jam, not even near to being on par with the main set. But maybe someday for all you diehard nostalgia collectors someone will pair that HOB encore together with the Seattle encore where Arthur invited Snoopy up on the stage, and then promptly exited, leaving Snoopy up there alone to empty the house!
Go to Top of Page

Bazza
First Love

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2012 :  12:28:02  Show Profile  Visit Bazza's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know this is an old topic, but I was wondering if the 'House Of Blues' DVD is available again?
I did have a copy which I picked up at one of the gigs but this has been lost over the years. I would love to get another copy of the dvd.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page