Deleted Albums That Should Be Re-released
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2006 :  04:40:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apart from Neil Young's 'Time Fades Away', the album that I think cries out for a release on CD the most is Steve Miller Band's 'Recall The Beginning.. A Journey From Eden'. While the first side of it is pretty lightweight but nonetheless pleasant listening, the second side is something else entirely, and for my money, just about the best of Miller's recorded work. That good. Four tracks of some of the most heartfelt, beautiful and prooundly moving rock music you'll ever hear. Why Miller won't re-release it I just don't know. Perhaps it stikes too much of a raw nerve. Whatever, if you find a vinyl copy of it, just grab it. Music that should make anyone who thnks they've got a soul melt and go misty-eyed. I know of no finer antidote to the stereotypical insincerity that pervades most of today's rock music..truly gorgeous.

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2006 :  11:56:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blue Afternoon and Starsailor by Tim Buckley should be on CD, superb albums.
Go to Top of Page

jim
Third Love

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2006 :  15:19:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,I have all of Tim Buckleys LPs on CD & Vinyl.

Regards jim.
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2006 :  16:35:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agree with Time Fades Away. Would also like the following:

All Funked Up - Snafu
Live in London - Deep Purple
Medusa - Trapeze
Sunset Ride - Zephyr
A Most Peculiar Pancake - Cheops
Phenomena 1 - Phenomena
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  03:07:09  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
still waiting for:
Sean Ohagan's solo cd re-issue ( was in The High Laamas).
Terry and the Pirates( John Cipollina)
Stone Country( Steve Young)
Dennis Wilson's solo album
Pacific Steel Co.( lotta pedal steel!)
dinosaurs( Cipollina and Barry Melton!)
Dewey Martin's solo album( Bufallo Springfield drummer)
The Tradewinds album

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  13:59:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jim

Hi,I have all of Tim Buckleys LPs on CD & Vinyl.

Regards jim.

Blue Afternoon and Starsailor were put out on CD by Rhino in 1991 but withdrawn quite quickly afterwards. That was their only legitimate reissue.
Go to Top of Page

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  14:10:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob f.

still waiting for:
Sean Ohagan's solo cd re-issue ( was in The High Laamas).
Terry and the Pirates( John Cipollina)
Stone Country( Steve Young)
Dennis Wilson's solo album
Pacific Steel Co.( lotta pedal steel!)
dinosaurs( Cipollina and Barry Melton!)
Dewey Martin's solo album( Bufallo Springfield drummer)
The Tradewinds album

Dinosaurs is available + extras, track listing on the Evangeline site but it's cheapest from Freak Emporium:
http://www.evangeline.co.uk/Details.asp?ProductID=234
http://www.freakemporium.com/site/artist/Dinosaurs%20(featuring%20John%20Cipollina)/artistpage.html

Doubtful Handshake by Terry and the Pirates is available but not the others, US link given but plenty also quite cheap on amazon.co.uk:
http://www.amazon.com/Doubtful-Handshake-Terry-Pirates/dp/B000026VIJ/sr=1-1/qid=1165409726/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-8453564-3483164?ie=UTF8&s=music
Go to Top of Page

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  14:14:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The messageboard doesn't seem to like that Freak Emporium link, copy and paste it or go here and link through to the page:
http://www.freakemporium.com/site/list_all_artists.cgi?letter=d&start=250
Go to Top of Page

jim
Third Love

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  16:50:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blue Afternoon and Starsailor were put out on CD by Rhino in 1991 but withdrawn quite quickly afterwards. That was their only legitimate reissue.

Hi MikeB,thanks for info,didnt know that.picked up an Original of Happy Sad for 50p,guy said it was scratched,well i cleaned it up & it plays perfect.

regards jim.
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  03:26:55  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
one vinal album that i've been wanting to be finally be released on cd is Phil Spector's Christmas Album!
i have that STEREO vinal on the Pavillion label which was released in 1981. GEEZ! THAT'S the way it should be! gimme stereo cd, and NO back to mono! puleeeez! a very stereo full sound spectrum holiday blast to all, and a Merry Winter Wonderland Marshmallow World to all the red-nosed LOVE PEOPLE everywhere!

Go to Top of Page

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  11:17:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob f.

one vinal album that i've been wanting to be finally be released on cd is Phil Spector's Christmas Album!

It's on CD Bob,
http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Gift-You-Phil-Spector/dp/B000003BD7/sr=8-2/qid=1165659159/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/104-8453564-3483164?ie=UTF8&s=music

I have a heavy vinyl and thick cardboard sleeve copy of it on Philles Records, perhaps I should buy the CD and look at the vinyl
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  16:24:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Know what you mean, mikeb - I'm buying CD versions and can't bring myself to part with my vinyl, however crackly or crinkled the cover. It's like casting out old friends. Can't do it.
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2006 :  21:39:49  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Doors - Others Voices and Full Circle .. the 2 albums they relesed after Jim Morrison died.. I have them on Vinyl and on a Russian 2 on 1 bootleg cd but would like to see them given a proper release by the band..

Pere Lachaise Cemetary - Paris - December 8th 2006 (what would have been the 63rd Birthday of Jim Morrison)

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page