Heart of Gold
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2006 :  00:18:06  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've just got back from seeing the Jonathan Demme documentary of the Neil Young "Prairie Wind" concert at the Broadway independent cinema in Nottingham, and it was brilliant - I thoroughly recommend it to anyone, not just Neil Young fans, if you get the chance to see it.

I look forward (hopefully)to seeing "Love Story" at the same cinema, its a lovely venue.

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2006 :  02:16:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Tina, I followed the film's progress from making to release and unanimous rave reviews in the US via www.thrasherswheat.com and www.bad-news-beat.com but didn't know that it was now doing the rounds over here. Hope that I haven't already missed it in Sheff. I don't doubt that anyone who sees it will leave the cinema with the same opinion as yourself. Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

John E
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  21:58:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tina,
I saw this at the NFT earlier this year, and thought it was a great movie. With the passing of the years, and the struggles he has been through, Neil has developed a strength of character that was not so apparently previously. His wife, Peggy seems a great lady and just right for him. While on the subject of movies, I would highly recommend the other two music films that were shown at the BFI Festival (along with "Love Story"). The first is David Leaf and John Scheinfeld's "The U.S. v John Lennon", which goes on general release on 8th December. The other is "30th Century Man" - the film about Scott Walker (one for Caryne, if she's still lurking, here!).
Love, John E
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page