New Admirer -- ? about "She Comes In Colors" cover
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sharbev
First Love

4 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2006 :  07:12:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi...I'm a new admirer. Since Love has been getting so much airplay (at least on WXPN) b/c of Arthur Lee's death, I've found myself saying, "Oh yeah, I know that song. I love it!"

I have a question for all you knowlegeable ones:

"She Comes In Colors" - while I'm totally familiar with Love's version, I feel like I've heard it done by others. Can someone enlighten me as to who has covered it? In particular, I seem to recall hearing around the late 80's early 90's maybe.

Thanks!
Shari

torben
Fifth Love

Denmark
328 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2006 :  08:26:23  Show Profile  Visit torben's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the board Shari.
Try to look at this http://love.torbenskott.dk/coverstitel.asp
Go to Top of Page

Allan
Old Love

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2006 :  14:19:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sharbev

WXPN-as in Philly?

Allan
Go to Top of Page

sharbev
First Love

4 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2006 :  19:19:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

WXPN-as in Philly?

Yeah...are you familiar/from Philly area? After having lived in so many other places, it's amazing to have such an awesome radio station.
Go to Top of Page

sharbev
First Love

4 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2006 :  19:25:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What an incredible and eclectic list. I guess it just illustrates Love's diverse and long-lasting influence.

Thanks for telling me about the site.

Shari
Go to Top of Page

Allan
Old Love

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2006 :  21:04:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sharbev...

Born and raised in Philly. Now living in beautiful S. Jersey. Love with BL played the Scottish Rite just over the bridge from Philly in 2004...an excellent show. WXPN is the only radio station I listen to...all the rest are garbage IMHO

BTW-If you're ever up real early on Sat morning (between 6 and 8), tune into WMGK and listen to Michael Tearson (he's been around as a DJ since the 60's). He does The Psychedelic Sunrise and for 2 hours, he plays great tunes.

Hope you're enjoying Philly. It doesn't have the 'bad rap' it once had

Allan

Go to Top of Page

sharbev
First Love

4 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2006 :  03:08:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Allan,

I'm actually in SJ, too, Marlton. Thanks for telling me about the WMGK show...I never would've found that on my own. I'll check it out.

Haven't been to a show at Scottish Rite yet, but imagine it's pretty good. I'm guessing it's somewhat intimate. I love shows like that.

Shari
Go to Top of Page

Allan
Old Love

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2006 :  14:24:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shari

We're neighbors. I live in Mount Laurel.

I've only been to the Scottish Rite one time...it was for that LOVE with BL gig / Zombies. It's an old theatre, lots of wood, and quite good acoustics.

Michael Tearson's been around since the 60's. He actually started out on WXPN. I met up with him at that Scottish Rite gig. He got ahold of Arthur and they went to a basement room where Michael interviewed Arthur. I'd love to hear that interview. Wake up early one Saturday morning and check out his show.

take care neighbor

Allan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page