New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kilted_john
First Love

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2004 :  20:55:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At the Great American Music Hall ... what a venue, what a line up ... be there!!

I can't wait!! If ya'll are nice to me I might let you know how it goes ...

John

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2004 :  21:00:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anticipation is the key word here KJ. Looking forward to your next post, soonest.
Go to Top of Page

ocfan
Fourth Love

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2004 :  21:28:35  Show Profile  Visit ocfan's Homepage  Click to see ocfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I saw them there last year and it was great!! Let us know how it goes.
Go to Top of Page

Allan
Old Love

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2004 :  21:57:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think many here are waiting for your concert review post. Have a great time, kj. Hope it's 'smashing'.
Go to Top of Page

kilted_john
First Love

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  05:01:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, alright ... so I am a $ short and a day (ok more like 3 daze late), but hey I am here!!

I just love the GAMH venue ... You have to understand the stage is not that large, nor that high off of the main floor (I would guess 3 feet or so). The main room is not particularly large and is surrounded by a balcony ... all done in an ornate decoration.

We got there before they opened the doors, so we had to stand in line. I was not hopeful in getting a close position to the stage. As it turned out most of the folks headed for the balcony seats, which was fine with me. When we walked in there was one space left open at the stage edge and we went for it.

The performance, as you recall, had the Zombies billed with Love. As it turned out Love played first. Arthur came out on stage about 15 minutes past the official start time dressed in his normal attire, except for his hat was a baseball cap sans the scarf he normally wears. He wore the hat slightly skewed. He removed the cap and his sunglasses numerous times throughout his performance.

In a nutshell ? the performance was once again awesome. I didn?t keep track of the set list, but they played the ?usual suspects? of songs. They also included a couple of songs from the latest EP that has been released. Arthur said he just finished writing the last song and a new CD would be out in a week or two (FWIW).

Arthur was in great spirits, very animated and in fine voice. The only drawback was the set was short (well, is it ever long enough really??). It seemed that they played longer than they were supposed to, and then returned to play a couple songs for an encore ? very good stuff!!

At one point, Arthur began singing (without instrumentation) one of the Zombies tunes (?She?s not there?) in a jesting sort of manner, as in ? do we really want to hear the Zombies perform??

I was a bit concerned, having seen Arthur the last two times with the horns and strings that there would be something missing. They did a fine job nonetheless and I was very happy with the performance.

Now, about the Zombies ? we left early. No comparison. Though the place continued to be packed and the crowd seemed to be enjoying themselves ? I was never a big fan, and I was certainly not impressed that evening. I already got my money?s worth ?

I?ll be looking forward to another outstanding performance ?

Peace ? John
Go to Top of Page

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  06:22:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi KJ was wondering what happened to you lol. Its really pleasing reading these posts saying Arthur is back on top form, it's what we all want. I hope Love get to play a bit longer in NYC, could you see any obvious reason why Arthur came on 15 minutes late ?
As for the Zombies I can very easily see myself doing exactly the same as you, particularly if Love play an absolute blinder, the last thing I will want is contamination of the vibe lol.

Thanks again for the post
Larry
Go to Top of Page

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  23:17:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha ha nice one, I think Arthur is definitely taking the piss and you know what ? Its great to hear it lol
Go to Top of Page

drano
First Love

5 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2004 :  09:06:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was "Tell Her No', not "She's Not There", and yes he was defintiely taking the piss in my opinion. The fact they then tore immediately into "7 and 7 is" was trying to make the statement that Love rocks and the Zombies don't. A cheap shot, and not an accurate one either.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page