Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Arthur Lee and Love 2006 is this new line up?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  00:34:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by B7addE

quote:
Originally posted by jellybean

sounds great, hope arthur can make it over to uk again.. it's been a while

And i hope this time we get a proper theatre tour, and not just ****ty clubs.

I've not got anything against ****ty clubs, but I think Arthur, and Love deserve better.

B7addE, much as I love your nick - where would we be without that wonderful chord for You Set The Scene? - I have to disagree. I prefer the band up close and personal in a club to a theatre anytime. I agree they played some pretty poor venues last year, but the worst show I ever saw was the Colston Hall in Bristol 2003 - the band weren't to blame at all, it was just far too sedate with all the seating. Even the dump that is the Cheese and Grain where they played last summer had a better vibe - well, down the front at least. The Zodiac was also a great venue, though my favourite Arthur show still remains the Fleece & Firkin in 2002 - old building with iron posts holding up the ceiling and messing up sightlines, but a fantastic atmosphere that night.

Edited by - boombox on 10/03/2006 00:35:31
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  16:00:29  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was at The Fleece and Firkin in 2002 and that was one of my favourite LOVE gigs along with London in 1992

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page

Susan B.
Third Love

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  19:44:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Old_Man

Hope you stick around Susan, would be nice to have a few of the old gang back here. Not that you or anyone's old........blah blah! Except me ;o)

When I listen to Love I am 15 again hanging out on the Strip and having the time of my life.
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2006 :  16:16:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Ponderosa Stomp - Is Arthur/Love playing or not? No mention in the detailed line up so I guess not. http://www.knights-maumau.com/stomp_5.php
Go to Top of Page

michael
Third Love

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2006 :  00:20:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey old timer, Man if he does show in the line up it would be cool to see Question mark and the mysterians and a few others as well!

Peace and Love...God Bless...Michael...("Thanks Muddy Waters wherever you are for inventing electricity")
Go to Top of Page

Scottishkeith
Third Love

82 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2006 :  01:07:09  Show Profile  Visit Scottishkeith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Old_Man

Hope you stick around Susan, would be nice to have a few of the old gang back here. Not that you or anyone's old........blah blah! Except me ;o)

I'm still around , just keeping a low profile

Keep The Faith
Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2006 :  08:31:49  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ditto Keith and George - low profiles all round. I'm sure I'll be back when the time is right.

...and I know for a fact George that you are a comparative youngster!
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2006 :  18:06:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to hear!
Go to Top of Page

jazmaan
Fifth Love

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2006 :  07:04:08  Show Profile  Visit jazmaan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Arthur called me early this morning. I can confirm that he is 100% clean and sober.

There's been a whole lot going on in Memphis that hasn't been discussed here. Those who know, know what I'm talking about. But one thing for certain is that Arthur is absolutely clean, clear-headed and very optimistic.

He mentioned that he hopes to play the "Gibson" festival in May with his new band. Not sure if that's the same "Ponderosa" that's been mentioned here.

That's all for now!
Go to Top of Page

The Freedom Man
Old Love

Netherlands
553 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2006 :  08:56:21  Show Profile  Visit The Freedom Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's good to hear.
Thanks for the heads-up, Jazmaan.

http://www.thefreedomman.com/love/mikepage2.htm
PRESS THE LINK!
Go to Top of Page

jimmyboy
Fourth Love

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2006 :  05:51:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I personally find jazmaan's post somewhat troubling. its nice to hear that AL is clean & sober & all that but whaT ABOUT THE MUSIC? WHAT ABOUT THE BAND? JOHNNY??
Go to Top of Page

jazmaan
Fifth Love

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2006 :  08:32:07  Show Profile  Visit jazmaan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry, but I keep forgetting to ask Arthur about Johnny. Nor did I ask any specifics about the new band. Next time!

It does appear that the "Ponderosa Stomp" is sponsored by Gibson, so that must be the May show that Arthur was talking about.
Go to Top of Page

michael
Third Love

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2006 :  22:35:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info jazman!! And please keep us updated and informed when possible.With all the bull*hit that get's talked about on this site ,It is nice to hear the real important news....The stuff that matters!The Future!So keep us informed on all the positive's coming out of Memphis and not the dirt.I live in the south and would like to make a roadtrip if Memhpis or maybe something else is going to happen down this way.Thank You

Peace and Love...God Bless...Michael...("Thanks Muddy Waters wherever you are for inventing electricity")
Go to Top of Page

ladylove
Fifth Love

276 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2006 :  06:01:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jimmyboy

I personally find jazmaan's post somewhat troubling. its nice to hear that AL is clean & sober & all that but whaT ABOUT THE MUSIC? WHAT ABOUT THE BAND? JOHNNY??

I have just spoken to Johnny. He wanted me to tell everybody that he is hoping things work out. He and Arthur are doing great together, they talk frequently and are working toward playing together again soon. He sends his best regards to everybody here on the message board

Hope this answers some of the questions that have been asked. Or maybe it just poses more questions

LOVE and peace

Edited by - ladylove on 17/03/2006 19:33:12
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2006 :  16:09:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought Johnny was supposed to be in this new band.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page