Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Arthur Lee and Love 2006 is this new line up?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2006 :  04:25:54  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
new lineup!!! ok! , and i send good energy!!! i first saw LOVE in '66-67 in Hollywood, was hooked BEFORE that, having loved the whole scene, the music, , and then saw the next incarnation: the FOUR SAIL band at the Whiskey. i loved it all. then again , i was much too loaded to remember now about the concert LEE and "LOVE" did in about 1976-77 in Hollywood, with the GO-GOs! then, something wonderful happened. Lee emerged after years of prison, to fly again. i was there at his show at the Knitting Factory, Hollywood, May 1, 2002. this was his 2nd show after release. i will never forget it. last show i saw was at the Willshire-Ebell sept. 29th, 2004, and loved it. his best lineup? hard to say. "best" , meaning best what? , i mean, there will never be again magic from the original lineup from the Forever Changes session, De Capo with Snoopy and Bryan. i'm just spoiled to the '60s original blast off! i love Arthur Lee's various trips and await his next one!!! i've seen him at his lows and highs, and focus on his highs 'cause that's just more positive and creative. i live in a glass house and do not throw rocks!
Go to Top of Page

ruxprncd
Fifth Love

305 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2006 :  05:30:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
right on, bob f.

I was there 5/1/02 also. unbelievable!!!

ALL of the Baby Lemonade guys are great guys, and great musicians. I don't expect any future lineups to be that strong...hope to be proved wrong :)....but I look forward to seeing Arthur with a new group regardless - change is good.
Go to Top of Page

michael
Third Love

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2006 :  23:47:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is very good news for me being from the south.Greg the drummer, do you know of any plans to tour the south?If so,I sure hope you make it down to Florida.But if you dont,I would be very tempted to doing a road trip to the tentative Memphis show!!

Edited by - michael on 28/02/2006 14:41:56
Go to Top of Page

greg
First Love

15 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2006 :  04:52:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WE ARE STILL HAVING FUN. WE ALL KNOW ARTHUR'S PAST. CAN'T JUDGE HIM ON ALL THAT, I WASN'T THERE ! I CAN'T BE ANYTHING BUT POSITIVE ABOUT MY LIFE ...... AS FAR AS THE REIGNING SOUND I WAS JUST THE DRUMMER AND ALEX WAS THE ORGAN PLAYER FOR THE FIRST FOUR STUDIO RECORDS AND THE TOURS. I WILL REFRAIN FROM POSTING ANY MORE UNTIL THE WEB SITE IS UP AND THEN I'LL POST A LINK. UNTIL THEN . . .
MEMPHIS IS THE BEST
GREG
Go to Top of Page

stefaan
Second Love

Belgium
45 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2006 :  23:51:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, that's the best news I've had so far this year!!!
Arthur back on the chaingang! WamBamThankYouMam!!

Been away for a while... but from today I'll stay!!
Go to Top of Page

michael
Third Love

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  20:03:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any word on that website Greg???Waiting in suspense.Keep us updated man.And greetings from sunny South Florida.

Peace and Love...God Bless...Michael...("Thanks Muddy Waters wherever you are for inventing electricity")
Go to Top of Page

Susan B.
Third Love

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2006 :  20:35:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have not been to this site in weeks. Am I surprised? Not really but I am certainly happy and looking forward to any California shows. I will be there unless I have another accident like the one in December 2004 when I missed the Coach House Show. Maybe missing it has kept my memories happy.

The beauty of life is that it is forever changing.
Go to Top of Page

ThomasGalasso
Old Love

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2006 :  21:43:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I spoke with Greg today actually.

Everything is smooth as eggs and running well. Look for some interesting things on the way soon such as a new website (I hope it is as good as the Baby Lemonade/Love website was), and possibly some tribute stuff coming soon with some major groups.

This is a very small world is it not ?

-Thomas
Go to Top of Page

B7addE
First Love

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  00:11:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jellybean

sounds great, hope arthur can make it over to uk again.. it's been a while

And i hope this time we get a proper theatre tour, and not just ****ty clubs.

I've not got anything against ****ty clubs, but I think Arthur, and Love deserve better.
Go to Top of Page

ThomasGalasso
Old Love

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  01:48:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will put out the energy by saying they will do very well.

I would love to see Arthur and Johnny together. That is something to be honest, I have really never seen outside of the older stuff on American Bandstand.

-Thomas Galasso
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  17:21:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"(I hope it is as good as the Baby Lemonade/Love website was)"

I thought it was a pretty lousy website to be honest, there wasn't much on it apart from a good pic on the home page taken by Chris Jones, and it wasn't kept up to date very well either ie. tour dates. Shame really as it was designed by Dave Chapple too. We would have been lost if not for Torbens website. So here's hoping for something better for the new Love.
Go to Top of Page

ThomasGalasso
Old Love

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  17:56:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Really ?

I didn't know that. I just remember I liked the music and the visuals were very nice. I got hip way late in terms of the website.

Well it looked nice. I would love to see scans of the old album covers, and reviews from the past, and pictures of all of the various incarnations, and they should really ask Torben to run it as well.

-Thomas Galasso
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  20:48:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It did look nice, great idea with the orange skies theme. I'd forgotten about the 30 second sound clips. Oh and the chat room was a dead loss also, don't know what the problem was with that but didn't work so good. It just needed more doing to it and kept up to date, but it's a time consuming business I suspect. I don't know who will build , maintain or run any new site but here's to it's success!
Go to Top of Page

ThomasGalasso
Old Love

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  21:00:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The old site should have merged with this one. Torben should have been the man in my opinion. That site looked good, but could have used what we have access to here.

The message board and the photos etc. It would have been an awesome thing, and really it still could be. Torben would need to contact Greg I imagine.

-Thomas Galasso
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  23:47:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope you stick around Susan, would be nice to have a few of the old gang back here. Not that you or anyone's old........blah blah! Except me ;o)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page