Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Arthur Lee and Love 2006 is this new line up?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

ThomasGalasso
Old Love

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2006 :  06:07:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Greg,

No stones will be thrown from where I stand. I want to come and see you guys. Man oh man, I am so thrilled to hear some positive news. Its so unfortunate there aren't too many resources we have to keep track of Arthur and Johnny and co. Thank goodness for Torben.

I want to know when and where etc. etc. etc.

-Thomas Galasso
Go to Top of Page

greg
First Love

15 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2006 :  06:13:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TG,
THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS. I JUST LEFT ARTHUR ABOUT 30 MINUTES AGO. HE'S DOING GREAT. I WILL PASS ON THE KIND WORDS.
Go to Top of Page

jimmyboy
Fourth Love

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2006 :  06:16:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Didnt mean to throw stones sir. Yes, you will see me at the shows. I need to because I witnessed the infamous last 2 concerts of the last congregation of LOVE here in San Francisco last June and I want to revive my respect and love for Arthur.I sincerely wish you the best of luck. I think I speak for alot of us who don't post much anymore that we want the magic and continuity that we thought we had before. Again I wish you and the rest in the new group all the best.
Go to Top of Page

ThomasGalasso
Old Love

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2006 :  06:21:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In my short period of being in the know, I have been heavily inspired and influenced by Arthur. I will never judge a man I have never met personally over events I don't truly understand as unfortunate as those events may have been.

I just know that what he has accomplished and continues to accomplish makes me the leader of the Arthur Lee : You Need To Know Who He Is Brigade at least in terms of Detroit. Music scene or not.

-Thomas Galasso

I appreciate it Greg. Check me out man, seriously. This just made my day big time.
Go to Top of Page

greg
First Love

15 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2006 :  06:25:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JIMMY BOY,
SORRY ABOUT WHAT YOU SAW THEN. DROP IT. ARTHUR IS TOGETHER NOW. THAT IS WHAT COUNTS. I'M WITH HIM EVERYDAY. HE IS TOTALLY SOBER. CLEAN. MAYBE YOU HAD A BAD COUPLE OF SHOWS, BUT MR. LEE IS ON TOP OF HIS GAME NOW. HE IS IN A PLACE NOW HE HAS NEVER BEEN, AND HE IS READY TO BRING IT. HOPE YOU MAKE THE SHOWS.
FROM MEMPHIS WITH LOVE
GREG
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2006 :  07:21:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
greg, I know it's early days etc etc, but any plans for coming to the UK?, we know Arthur loves coming here.
Go to Top of Page

veryoldman
First Love

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2006 :  10:16:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are getting very excited now aren't we? Incredible news, so very pleased for AL, JE and the new band. And I'll second what Old Man said - Greg, how about some UK shows? The last one for me was in Sheffield and that isn't how I want to remember things.

"There's a chicken in my nest"...........oh yes, happy days are here again!

Good luck and best wishes for the new venture from the UK

veryoldman
Go to Top of Page

JohnFPorcaro
Fourth Love

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2006 :  12:59:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by greg

JIMMY BOY,
SORRY ABOUT WHAT YOU SAW THEN. DROP IT. ARTHUR IS TOGETHER NOW. THAT IS WHAT COUNTS. I'M WITH HIM EVERYDAY. HE IS TOTALLY SOBER. CLEAN. MAYBE YOU HAD A BAD COUPLE OF SHOWS, BUT MR. LEE IS ON TOP OF HIS GAME NOW. HE IS IN A PLACE NOW HE HAS NEVER BEEN, AND HE IS READY TO BRING IT. HOPE YOU MAKE THE SHOWS.
FROM MEMPHIS WITH LOVE
GREG

Greg, you sound like that LoVe angel we've been waiting for.
NYC is waiting for you. Thanks for helping our hero!
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2006 :  14:28:33  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cheers for all the info Greg, this news is just fantastic. Im so glad to hear AL is on top form again and wish him all the luck in the world with this new venture. Can't wait to see the band in the UK very soon (fingers crossed)

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....
Go to Top of Page

Allan
Old Love

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2006 :  14:34:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greg

Arthur has a history of being...mysterious. All of us here at this site are die-hard Arthur and LOVE fans. Consider this site as the 'unofficial' LOVE site. We have seen him be awesome and have also seen him being a lot less than stellar. He can be gracious and he can be rude and crude.

If indeed your regular visits with Arthur are finding him in very good shape, than all of us here are ecstatic. We all want Arthur to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but he needs to prove his worth yet again to the Music Industry and his critics. If your relationship with Arthur is as you say, please help him achieve this goal. Give him the support he may need should things start to turn sour. Johnny is the real deal, and forgive me for this, but I'm counting on you and Johnny to keep his juices flowing. He's brilliant and we all feel he's a legend.

Now that you've found this site, please visit often and give us all the news about the new band.

And tell Johnny to get back here and make some new posts.

Lastly...congratulations and the best of luck. We're all pulling for you. Make sure you come to Philly and New York City or anywhere in NJ...I'll be there grinning form ear to ear.

Allan
Go to Top of Page

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2006 :  14:43:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great to hear this news and that Arthur is in good shape. The minute I hear of any UK shows I can get to the ticket will be booked.
Go to Top of Page

bigrubberglove
Fourth Love

188 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2006 :  14:44:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greg,

Thank you so much for sharing this GREAT news. It is music to our ears on many levels.

I just want to impress upon you -- in case you didn't know -- that there is a HUGE amount of interest in seeing Arthur play with a band again and we are all very grateful for your efforts to help make it happen and help keep him in a good way.

As a couple other members already stated, there is a lot if interest here in NYC in seeing you all.

Please do drop by when you can to share news. Thanks again!

Go to Top of Page

veryoldman
First Love

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2006 :  16:47:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found this on the web re AL - v weird stuff!

http://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?action=vthread&forum=2&topic=12021

veryoldman
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2006 :  17:13:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

JIMMY BOY,
FROM MEMPHIS WITH LOVE
GREG

Let us know when you have dates.
Tell AL to bring it on home.
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2006 :  17:22:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

TG,
THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS. I JUST LEFT ARTHUR ABOUT 30 MINUTES AGO. HE'S DOING GREAT. I WILL PASS ON THE KIND WORDS.

Greg, any plans for a new cd with AL? Doesnt have to be FC pt 2, just about anything will do.

Props to you and AL. Not everyone wrote him off.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page