Kula Shaker back....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2022 :  11:16:11  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
...with a new double album later this year.

For now, here's the new single,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6dpihyFZrc

----------------------
For the time that I've been given's such a little while and the things that I must do consist of more than style....

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2022 :  15:29:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kula John

...with a new double album later this year.

For now, here's the new single,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6dpihyFZrc

----------------------
For the time that I've been given's such a little while and the things that I must do consist of more than style....

NICE!

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. – GENE CLARK
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2023 :  11:38:58  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A new song from Kula Shaker, and I have to say (even as an extremely biased long term fan) it is an absolute beauty! Summer vibes, great video, and a return to their 60s psychedelic rock style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4dYLWsCc94

----------------------
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2023 :  13:23:20  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Indian Record Player...

Some groovy psych/bollywood vibes here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeT1CeYUF_A

----------------------

Edited by - Kula John on 16/10/2023 13:23:45
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2024 :  19:13:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi John (and all). You going to the Bristol Rough Trade show on Monday? Just snagged a ticket via the waitlist. Short set, but should be good, even if it means I end up with a second copy of the CD as I pre-ordered with a t-shirt.

EDIT: New album arrived yesterday and what an album it is! Great blend of classic K-era tracks, Strangefolk mellowness and one track is pure Bollywood mariachi. Cardiff in April is going to be great (and I may do Bristol too).

Edited by - boombox on 04/02/2024 01:23:18
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2024 :  19:56:20  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by boombox

Hi John (and all). You going to the Bristol Rough Trade show on Monday? Just snagged a ticket via the waitlist. Short set, but should be good, even if it means I end up with a second copy of the CD as I pre-ordered with a t-shirt.

EDIT: New album arrived yesterday and what an album it is! Great blend of classic K-era tracks, Strangefolk mellowness and one track is pure Bollywood mariachi. Cardiff in April is going to be great (and I may do Bristol too).

That's spooky - I am literally just watching a video of the Bristol gig! Indian Record Player and Gaslighting. Both sound fantastic.

Unfortunately I won't make any of the upcoming gigs as I'm working in Qatar, but hoping they'll do a summer tour as well in July/Aug fingers crossed. I'm going to the Bristol and Cardiff Love gigs.

I love the new album. 'Something Dangerous' sounds kind of like a mix of Dylan, Simon & Garfunkel and Neil Young! The final song, 'Give Me Tomorrow' has George Harrison vibes I feel, and I'm loving the return of the Indian influences in 3 or 4 of the songs.

----------------------
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2024 :  20:56:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's funny John - I just uploaded this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZV-X6wNlM
I did record and film the whole "appearance, not a gig". Lighting wasn't great and it was rammed, but IMHO it sounds great. The guys were really friendly afterwards, signing everything put in front of them. I have been watching all the videos and they did different songs every night. Hoping the tour will be great and I'll get 'SOS', which they did in Oxford - the more PPA the better as far as I am concerned. Setlist on the night was: 1. Entrance & Invocation 2. Hurry On Sundown 3. Shower Your Love 4. 303 5. Wear Your Love Like Heaven (Definition of Sound, not Donovan) 6. Indian Record Player 7. Gaslighting 8. Govinda

As for Love, only doing Cardiff at the moment.
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2024 :  15:26:25  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by boombox

That's funny John - I just uploaded this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZV-X6wNlM
I did record and film the whole "appearance, not a gig". Lighting wasn't great and it was rammed, but IMHO it sounds great. The guys were really friendly afterwards, signing everything put in front of them. I have been watching all the videos and they did different songs every night. Hoping the tour will be great and I'll get 'SOS', which they did in Oxford - the more PPA the better as far as I am concerned. Setlist on the night was: 1. Entrance & Invocation 2. Hurry On Sundown 3. Shower Your Love 4. 303 5. Wear Your Love Like Heaven (Definition of Sound, not Donovan) 6. Indian Record Player 7. Gaslighting 8. Govinda

As for Love, only doing Cardiff at the moment.

Oh haha, it was your video I was watching then! Thanks for sharing it on YT.

I've noticed they've been doing a new song not on the album called Rational Man. It sounds really good too. I wonder if it'll be a b-side, or if they already have material for another album!

I think the return of Jay has been very positive.

----------------------
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2024 :  01:04:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kula John

[quote][i]
I've noticed they've been doing a new song not on the album called Rational Man. It sounds really good too. I wonder if it'll be a b-side, or if they already have material for another album!

I think the return of Jay has been very positive.

Indeed, great to have Jay back, especially as it means more PPA songs too. I like the two new tracks, though I notice that the Japanese version of the album had an extra track too, not available elsewhere.

Cardiff was predictably great fun - and we got the longest set of the tour as they were trying everything out except 'Chura Liya' - though very happy to take 'Dance In Your Shadow' instead.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page