Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 'Love Comes in Colors'

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
John9 Posted - 30/09/2022 : 21:21:04

I always thought that this phrase had its inception when it was adopted for the 1990s Australian compilation that was released on Raven. But it must also have been in vogue during 1967. I have just taken delivery of a huge book entitled The Byrds 1964-67. It contains a myriad of unpublished photographs and much alternative album art together with present day reflections from McGuinn, Hillman and Crosby. There is one of Crosby from around September 1967 and on a door behind him is a sticker.....bearing the Love logo followed by "comes in colors".
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lemonade kid Posted - 03/10/2022 : 17:25:30
quote:
Originally posted by John9

Thanks LK - really good to hear from you. Yes, Music is Love is a wonderful gateway into a truly stellar album. At Monterey, Crosby also namechecked Love when he mentioned their version of Hey Joe. It's heartening to see him delivering so well at eighty....even if he has fallen out with just about all of his former Byrds and CSNY bandmates! Perhaps the Airplane said it best with 'Life is change.....how it differs from the rocks". Cheers

Wonderful Airplane song...Arthur knew it too: Life, forever changes.

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. – GENE CLARK
John9 Posted - 01/10/2022 : 18:57:32

Thanks LK - really good to hear from you. Yes, Music is Love is a wonderful gateway into a truly stellar album. At Monterey, Crosby also namechecked Love when he mentioned their version of Hey Joe. It's heartening to see him delivering so well at eighty....even if he has fallen out with just about all of his former Byrds and CSNY bandmates! Perhaps the Airplane said it best with 'Life is change.....how it differs from the rocks". Cheers
lemonade kid Posted - 30/09/2022 : 22:49:14
Nice. After all, David did write this a few ears later...Music is LOVE.

Ha!

From his fine solo LP...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNBabqGpxf4

quote:
Originally posted by John9

I always thought that this phrase had its inception when it was adopted for the 1990s Australian compilation that was released on Raven. But it must also have been in vogue during 1967. I have just taken delivery of a huge book entitled The Byrds 1964-67. It contains a myriad of unpublished photographs and much alternative album art together with present day reflections from McGuinn, Hillman and Crosby. There is one of Crosby from around September 1967 and on a door behind him is a sticker.....bearing the Love logo followed by "comes in colors".

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. – GENE CLARK

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page