Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Did Arthur Lee know Derek Dougan ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dukie Posted - 01/04/2011 : 15:35:35

There is an interesting report in today's Guardian newspaper about the English footballer Derek Dougan. Who knows if it is true, but I would be interested to know if Johnny Echols remembers him.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Joe Morris Posted - 06/04/2011 : 00:22:10
did you still need the Cocoanut Teaszer dvd?
Dukie Posted - 05/04/2011 : 12:05:03
The gullible half!
Joe Morris Posted - 04/04/2011 : 00:03:59
which half?
Dukie Posted - 03/04/2011 : 14:26:07
Just goes to show that "you can't believe everything you see and hear. Can you?" ( I must admit that I was half fooled.)
Joe Morris Posted - 03/04/2011 : 05:57:09
well it got more confusing when the fact that Forever Changes was gonna be a double album orginally
and (I guess) the material for Gethesemene was originally gonna be on the Forever Changes double!

Bryan was certainly prolific at that time, and Sanctuary that rarest of all birds, a Lee/Echols co write!

Don't think Gethesemene was an April Fools joke, though the Love article in Record Collector certainly was

Indeed, Gethsemene was tackled (oof!) in the first issue of the indescribably essential The Castle (UK book published by David Housden)
John9 Posted - 02/04/2011 : 10:29:18
Yes, The Guardian really knows its most loyal readers doesn't it? Many of them are precisely the kind of people to regard Forever Changes and The Notorious Byrd Brothers as cornerstones of western civilisation...so much so that they will suspend all credulity in the face of a prank like that. Of course, The Guardian started this whole trend off on April Fools' Day 1977 with the brilliant San Serriffe hoax. Even now I remember all the supplements tumbling out of the main broadsheet and then being completely taken in by the whole thing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Serriffe

There also comes to mind Record Collector's scam one April a few years back when they printed the track listing for the mythical Love album Gethsemane....supposedly on the basis of what an engineer from the time had told them....that was a bit mean! Still, it later prompted in an interview, Arthur's immortal line:

"It's so lost man, even I don't know about it!"
DaveyTee Posted - 02/04/2011 : 09:23:06
Yes. It's purportedly written by Lila O'Forp which is, of course, a not very subtle anagram.

DT
stewart Posted - 02/04/2011 : 00:08:27
I read this too - I suspect it's an April fool thing

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/apr/01/derek-dougan-psychedelic?INTCMP=SRCH

lemonade kid Posted - 01/04/2011 : 18:28:21
quote:
Originally posted by Dukie

There is an interesting report in today's Guardian newspaper about the English footballer Derek Dougan. Who knows if it is true, but I would be interested to know if Johnny Echols remembers him.

Could you post it Dukie?

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page