Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 Concerts
 LOVE, electric prunes, sky saxon (wtf?)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dyecraig Posted - 27/03/2009 : 19:04:47
Saw an ad for this show coming to the Birchmere in Alexandria VA August 18. It's called the "California '66 Tour". Anyone?
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
caryne Posted - 19/08/2009 : 16:27:45
The Electric Prunes have stated their views on why the quite the tour, it's here

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=118234668&blogID=506283204

It doesn't make for happy reading but, sadly, I suspect (after arranging a few gigs etc myself) there is some truth in it. The promotor obviously has very good intentions but, maybe, just not the experience. I would love to hear the other side side though, as every story has two sides.
bob f. Posted - 19/08/2009 : 13:06:50
i'd go see Johnny with LOVE anytime! THEY ROCK! and the MUSIC is
the same wonderful music.
now ...can we just move on and agree to disagree.
waiting for the Tour to get to Los Angeles! YAY!

...what the world needs now...
Joe Morris Posted - 19/08/2009 : 05:13:53
As Lee was such an important part of the band I mean !
Joe Morris Posted - 19/08/2009 : 05:09:44
I do read Mikes blogs

Why would I want the band to fail? I just have no interest in seeing them live because to me they're not really Love as Love was such an important part of the band

Whatever bye
caryne Posted - 18/08/2009 : 20:49:24
quote:
Originally posted by Old_Man

It would be fantastic if they managed a few dates in the UK. I thought they were superb in New York, and according to Mike there have been even better shows since!

Well, it was being talked about a long time ago but there's, sadly, been a lot of water under the bridge since. We can live in hope though, can't we?
Old_Man Posted - 18/08/2009 : 20:45:08
It would be fantastic if they managed a few dates in the UK. I thought they were superb in New York, and according to Mike there have been even better shows since!
caryne Posted - 18/08/2009 : 17:34:25
quote:
Originally posted by boombox

quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

It might be too late I'm afraid

I wss reading a Washington DC article and the tour was likened to that of Spinal Tap's MINUS the Stonehenge model of course!

did Moby Grape's Jerry Miller play at ANY of the dates?

Too late? I think not. With Johnny working on completing Gethsemane, who do you think is likely to be touring this with him, once it's finished? If you read any of Mike's blogs, you'd see the band is so up for this at the moment. I am confident it will continue, even if this particular revue has not been a great financial success for its promoter, nor the band.

You seem to take much glee from the fact the tour has had so many problems - how about showing some support and respect, if not as a Love fan, but at least as a music fan and deent human being who respects what these musicians and promoter are trying to do?

I doubt Joe reads Mike's blogs, he doesn't even read everything that's posted on here or he'd know we were talking about that Washington Post article on another thread a couple of days ago!!

Still, Love always got a lot more support in the UK so, hopefully, if and when it can be put together, Johnny and everyone else will make it to the UK and tour for music fans who really appreciate them.
boombox Posted - 18/08/2009 : 17:18:51
quote:

I wss reading a Washington DC article and the tour was likened to that of Spinal Tap's MINUS the Stonehenge model of course!

Too late? I think not. With Johnny working on completing Gethsemane, who do you think is likely to be touring this with him, once it's finished? If you read any of Mike's blogs, you'd see the band is so up for this at the moment. I am confident it will continue, even if this particular revue has not been a great financial success for its promoter, nor the band.

You seem to take much glee from the fact the tour has had so many problems - how about showing some support and respect, if not as a Love fan, but at least as a music fan and deent human being who respects what these musicians and promoter are trying to do?
Joe Morris Posted - 18/08/2009 : 16:39:20

caryne Posted - 18/08/2009 : 11:53:22
quote:

gonna definitely check out Best of BL. I understand Echols is on that too

How are the shows being reviewed?

Glad to hear you are going to check out BL.
Joe Morris Posted - 18/08/2009 : 05:10:17
gonna definitely check out Best of BL. I understand Echols is on that too

How are the shows being reviewed?
Old_Man Posted - 17/08/2009 : 20:45:15
At BB Kings NYC the Cali 66 tour cd, Rusty's isotapes, Mike's My Music Loves You, and Best of Baby Lemonade. White Love T-shirt (can't remember what was written on it apart from the Love logo. Vagrants black t-shirt.
caryne Posted - 17/08/2009 : 17:12:26
quote:
Originally posted by dyecraig

Anyone get a good look at the merch four sail at the shows?

I'm guessing it's the same as what is for sale on the Electric Prunes website

http://www.electricprunes.net/Cal66Offer.html
dyecraig Posted - 17/08/2009 : 16:45:40
Anyone get a good look at the merch four sail at the shows?
caryne Posted - 15/08/2009 : 23:44:33
quote:

what kind of music is Baby Lemonade? are their albums pop?

Check it out here

http://www.myspace.com/babylemonademusic

and here

http://www.babylemonademusic.com/av.html

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page