Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Skid blogged again

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
stewart Posted - 19/03/2011 : 00:40:56
http://www.largeheartedboy.com/blog/archive/2011/03/daily_downloads_2591.html#

We can spend all day arguing that Love’s Forever Changes is the greatest album of all time. But let’s not argue, it is.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lemonade kid Posted - 22/03/2011 : 16:47:49
quote:
Originally posted by captain america and billy

Maybe all this a bit of a fringe thing, but those of us who are devotees of pop music articulated as serious art would really like to see more people listening to melodies and lyrics with cerebally changeling text and CONtext. There is some fine music around in the underground and alternative arenas, but sixties audiophiles find it more and more futile to find the same surrealistic wordplay taht existed in the heydays of Lennon,Dylan,Arthur Lee,and let's not omit the greatly inspired musings of Jim Morrison. There's a certain element of romance absent from today's poetry. Back then, writers really used to take you away to marvelously textured existential wonderlands. I would,however,like to explore the often praised works of one Kate Bush. I heard she's a more recent version of psychedlia and I think I saw a couple of her albums on the Rolling Stone Top 500 list. Can anyone recommend any particlar one of her offerings?

Lionheart ....The Kick Inside

I also recommend Judee Sill
....lost to an overdose at 35 in 1979....for me, best described as cosmic folk-rock psychedelia with spiritual occult undertones...sadly with only two albums released in her lifetime. Some others here could also wax poetic about her music.

Lady-O
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP8DjFhxy60&feature=fvwrel

Crayon Angels
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvtjRarucTc&feature=related

captain america and billy Posted - 22/03/2011 : 15:39:43
Maybe all this a bit of a fringe thing, but those of us who are devotees of pop music articulated as serious art would really like to see more people listening to melodies and lyrics with cerebally changeling text and CONtext. There is some fine music around in the underground and alternative arenas, but sixties audiophiles find it more and more futile to find the same surrealistic wordplay taht existed in the heydays of Lennon,Dylan,Arthur Lee,and let's not omit the greatly inspired musings of Jim Morrison. There's a certain element of romance absent from today's poetry. Back then, writers really used to take you away to marvelously textured existential wonderlands. I would,however,like to explore the often praised works of one Kate Bush. I heard she's a more recent version of psychedlia and I think I saw a couple of her albums on the Rolling Stone Top 500 list. Can anyone recommend any partuclar one of her offerings?
Joe Morris Posted - 19/03/2011 : 00:57:25
Wow
Does anyone actually read these ?

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page