Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 60's Pop Culture--Musten Baba (?)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
astrolobe33 Posted - 10/03/2006 : 23:34:22
I recently heard about a curious artifact that I can't find much of anything about online, that was supposedly pretty popular in the day. It was a poster known as the Musten Baba (sp?), with a picture of a prophet, that had a way of changing depending on how you saw it.
Does anyone remember this, or know where a scan of it might be seen?
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jellybean Posted - 11/04/2006 : 17:56:22
ok i see what you mean by the blank eyed thing, not too good at turning off my mind though, it's too full of nonsense
could never do those magic eye things..stand there all day and i'd still see sod all
astrolobe33 Posted - 11/04/2006 : 17:42:45
Jellybean, yeah, no, they do "open" if you "let" them...
Even with the jpeg. It's like an eerie blank-eyed stare.
You just have to turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream.
jellybean Posted - 11/04/2006 : 11:17:13
thats a bit weird!glad yout mind is at rest now..i thought he did something weird with his eyes?? or do you have to see the real thing?
astrolobe33 Posted - 10/04/2006 : 22:33:10
You guys aren't gonna believe this, but after giving up on this thing, and forgetting all about it for a couple of weeks, I wound up finding one in my home mailbox. And it wasn't sent by anyone who knew I was looking for it. At least I doubt it--it came as part of some unsolicited pseudochurch junkmail gimmick designed to relieve decent folks of their hard-earned cash. I had tossed it unopened in the recycling bin until I heard talk of it on local radio. When I pulled it out--Viola--there was the "Musten Baba" looking right at me (sort of)! I confirmed it with the man who first mentioned it, too. This is what he was talking about.
Have a look: http://h1.ripway.com/astrolobe33/MustenBaba.JPG
Pretty weird, all the way around!
astrolobe33 Posted - 21/03/2006 : 20:34:25
I begin to suspect a not-too-elaborate hoax...
That, or something weird happened and nobody will speak of it since its obfuscation.
Allan Posted - 15/03/2006 : 23:41:15
jellybean...I used to e-mail with Nancy quite a bit. Her site is quite cool. If you look deep enough, you'll see some things I've written on her site...pertaining to LOVE of course.

As Nancy says...'Arthur and LOVE were our own'

Allan
jellybean Posted - 15/03/2006 : 22:57:40
not on here is it..
http://www.leadpipeposters.com/index.cfm
I could quite happily spend a fortune on here...i really want the grace slick poster.
my arthur poster from house of blues turned up today
i'm a hip hip happy happy bunny
jellybean Posted - 14/03/2006 : 22:22:40
got an email back from nancy who runs hollywood hangover, she's gonna ask about as she is quite curious now to see it, she's not heard of it though.
astrolobe33 Posted - 14/03/2006 : 21:23:06
Cheers mikeb, yeah, that's one of the same refs I'd seen.
It's too bad the picture wasn't stored.
mikeb Posted - 14/03/2006 : 19:00:48
Googled with "musten baba" and the first link came up with this in the lgbthindu group June 9th 2002, the picture is posted in the thread too but Yahoo do not store them, I have a vague recollection of this poster myself:

Namaskar,

I've never posted a message before, but because I can answer Nick's question, now's a good time to start. The mystic who is drawn in the picture on the left is none other than Jesus Christ. I had this same picture hanging in my room for many years throughout high school and college. If you saw it close up, you'd see the crown of thorns on His head. It's an amazing mystic depiction, but it used to freak most people out because the eyes are drawn in such a way that they look both open and closed depending on how you look at it. The photo on the right is of the Jimi Hendrix Experience.

John
astrolobe33 Posted - 14/03/2006 : 18:10:11
Thanks J-bean, I don't know really, I've heard it was like a picture of Jesus with his eyes closed, but if you looked at it again later (especially say, after indulging in some kind of altitude adjuster), it would appear that the eyes had opened and were looking right at you...
I just love stuff like that, and the way I heard it described sounded like you'd see it all over the place in the late 60s/early 70s. Seems funny to not be able to find out anything about it now. Maybe the spelling is wrong, but I have gotten a few hits on google, for expired ebay listings of someone selling a poster by that name...
It doesn't matter of course, but by nature I have to obsess on some thing or other every so often.
jellybean Posted - 14/03/2006 : 16:50:58
googled and asked around for you, is it not the meher baba your thinking of?
astrolobe33 Posted - 13/03/2006 : 15:09:57
Don't nobody know...?

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page