Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 Who are you going to see live soon?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
astrolobe33 Posted - 23/11/2005 : 21:12:49
...The companion thread to "Who have you seen live recently?"

Me, it's gonna be.......
!!!BLUE CHEER!!!
I can't believe it. Look:

Saturday December 10, 2005

Blue Cheer
(Dickie Peterson, Duck MacDonald and Joe Hasselvander)

Internal Void [excellent support act]

Krug's Place
906 N. East St.
Frederick MD

Doors @ 8pm

$15

http://www.bluecheer.info/bluecheernews.htm

...anyone remotely in range of the US east coast should saddle up and ride! "I got to take three weeks..."
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jim Posted - 06/09/2009 : 18:35:19
Have the Bestival on the Isle of Wight next week,then Kasabian & Paul Weller to look forward too,saw Madness last Sunday,very good

all the best Jim.
caryne Posted - 06/09/2009 : 16:56:06
I really want to see Vic Godard (Subway Sect) in Bristol next Saturday but not got a lot of money and my husband isn't sure he can get the time off work. Fingers crossed.......
caryne Posted - 06/09/2009 : 16:54:41
quote:
Originally posted by steve64

quote:
Originally posted by caryne

quote:
Originally posted by MikeP

Explosions In The Sky, who mix beautiful guitar instrumentals with great slabs of noise, then Porcupine Tree, with, apparently, Robert Fripp as support act, then a reunion of the classic lineup of Gong, who I last saw thirty-five years ago (ulp)

Explosions in the Sky is a good one.

A friend saw Gong recently and said they were dreadful, let's hope they were just having a bad night?

I saw Gong 2 weeks ago at Beautiful Days and thought they were pretty good, they are playing Bristol and Exeter in November, looks like Exeter for me as it's a friday night

Paris Journals at http://timparistalk.proboards99.com

Oh well, you pay your money, you take your choice. It was 'Beautiful Days' where my mate said they were dreadful!!! lol
steve64 Posted - 06/09/2009 : 14:25:06
quote:
Originally posted by caryne

quote:

Explosions In The Sky, who mix beautiful guitar instrumentals with great slabs of noise, then Porcupine Tree, with, apparently, Robert Fripp as support act, then a reunion of the classic lineup of Gong, who I last saw thirty-five years ago (ulp)

A friend saw Gong recently and said they were dreadful, let's hope they were just having a bad night?

I saw Gong 2 weeks ago at Beautiful Days and thought they were pretty good, they are playing Bristol and Exeter in November, looks like Exeter for me as it's a friday night

Paris Journals at http://timparistalk.proboards99.com
caryne Posted - 06/09/2009 : 10:40:54
quote:

MikeP Posted - 06/09/2009 : 04:22:44
caryne Posted - 02/09/2009 : 00:21:27
quote:
Originally posted by Old_Man

Willard Grant Conspiracy - Next Tuesday Sept 8

One of my favourite bands, will be seeing them in Bristol on the 16th.
Old_Man Posted - 01/09/2009 : 21:57:15
Willard Grant Conspiracy - Next Tuesday Sept 8
bob f. Posted - 09/05/2009 : 01:00:27
i'm poor. unemployed. yet, very excited about California '66!
if it comes to my home, Los Angeles, i will try to get there despite my lack of loot! my last LOVE concert was Sept. 24, '04, with Zombies!
yet, ya know, a LOVE concert always makes me RICH!

...what the world needs now...
lemonade kid Posted - 09/05/2009 : 00:45:16
How many here are hoping to get to one of the California "66 Review gigs? It's really taking shape!

Usually, we poor Americans have to sit back and read about all you lucky mates in the UK going to see Baby Lem & Johnny n' all. I feel a little guilty...NOT! I DO wish the tour would run over to the UK & EU.

Allan Posted - 17/03/2009 : 17:54:54
Alas...I can finally post on this thread . I am seeing Leonard Cohen in Philly at the Academy of Music on May 12th. It is his first tour in 15 years. Be still, my heart...

Allan
lemonade kid Posted - 17/03/2009 : 17:41:17
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

Did you see his tour schedule? He's all over the place. Amazing and especially knowing he was very ill a few years ago. Gordon's tough.

Gord's gold!!

On Gene Clark's last solo LP, Firebyrd (the title of which is Gene's way of paying tribute to the Byrds and Firefall) he covers "If You Could Read My Mind"....really nice. He actually covers Gord, and re-covers some Byrds..."Tambourine Man & Feel A Whole Lot Better". A friend said, geeze, he must have run out of material. I like to think he was feeling his mortality and needed to reflect on his beginnings.

I actually consider it an honor to hear these beautifully done in a more reflective interpretation by Gene.....and he sings Dylan's original 5+ minute version...which the Byrds couldn't do back in the days for a 2.30 minute radio release. It's hard to believe that he was only with the Byrds from 1964-66...such an impact after 45 years.

Gene has always covered artists he respected, especially in concert. An honor not a cop-out. Gene is the man....

I truly wish we could be talking about a comeback tour of Gene Clark right now....RIP....so wew can only reflect on the inscription on his headstone...

"Harold Eugene Clark-No Other".
rocker Posted - 16/03/2009 : 13:04:51
Did you see his tour schedule? He's all over the place. Amazing and especially knowing he was very ill a few years ago. Gordon's tough.
lemonade kid Posted - 13/03/2009 : 16:17:42
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

Lighfoot will be in my neck of the woods soon..maybe I may see him again...great songwriter with a tight band now...

Ya, he's gonna be here in the near future, in the midwest. Definitely an icon of the 60s onward.....

rocker Posted - 13/03/2009 : 13:38:56
Lighfoot will be in my neck of the woods soon..maybe I may see him again...great songswriter with a tight band now...

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page