Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 All The Rest
 General discussions about music
 (documentary) Nick Drake: Life of a Fragile Genius

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lemonade kid Posted - 15/06/2016 : 13:19:23
A nice, concise 17 minute documentary by Elliot Robinson...well done Mr. Robinson
And if you like this, let the next one, A Skin Too Few, play...one of the best documentaries I've seen about an artist & musician.

Published on Dec 16, 2015
This is the official online (YouTube) release of -

"Nick Drake: Life of a Fragile Genius" by Elliot Robinson.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTEQQU94AkA

Correction on false information: I stated Nick Drake could not sing and play guitar at the same time in his 1971 "Pink Moon" (third album) recording sessions, when in fact he was in this state only when working on his fourth album in 1974. Nick died before completion of this album, and so the previously unreleased material was published in later years.

Many articles in this video come from the Nick Drake book "Remembered for a While". Available on Amazon UK for a fair £26.

Support my Producer page: https://www.facebook.com/ElliotRobins...

Facebook film page: https://www.facebook.com/nickdrakedoc...

Instagram: @nickdrakedocumentary

~

"Nick Drake: Life of a Fragile Genius" follows the life of Nick Drake, and hopes to build an understanding behind his young death.

Please note: This was created by Elliot Robinson. Re-uploading this material would be an infringement, and would be removed immediately. I would take legal action if necessary. Thank you.

~

FAIR USE NOTICE

This is a non-commercial work and is available here for free viewing.

This video contains copyrighted material of which the use has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance for commentary 'issues of historical and social significance'. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for under the applicable laws. The material on this video is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes (on social media platforms, or through their search). If you wish to use copyrighted material from this video for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner (contact me for help: nickdrakedocumentary@gmail.com).

The documentary, "Nick Drake: Life of a Fragile Genius" is a student project at college as I am being assessed on how I produce the film. The project will give me credit when applying to University.

The purpose of the usage of this copyrighted material is to present information about the musician Nicholas Rodney Drake in a journalistic style. The use of this material commenting on the material itself, and the originality of the video can be considered transformative.

A majority of the copyrighted material used is already published. The video is non-fiction, non-consumable, and informational in nature for the purpose of commentary.

Applies to Nick Drake's music: The songs used are not central or significant to the entire work as a whole. They simply help to accomplish a legitimate purpose which is to tell the story that incites thought and commentary. Those used do not discourage or divert people from seeing the original work.

Thank you.

A skin Too Few
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrmR_F5XgwQ

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. Ð GENE CLARK

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page