Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 All The Rest
 General discussions about music
 Nick Zubeck (Sun Kil Moon) -Skydiving, jazzy folk

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lemonade kid Posted - 26/04/2016 : 14:34:06
Nick Zubeck (hired for Sun Kil Moon tour in 2014-enough endorsement for me)

APR 14, 2016 / 4:25 PM

Skydiving-full album
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTJcxmtWU3I&index=2&list=PLQPilvvMVoipmb3qzpbg-Ni9i-yJlHUJp

What drives us to adore certain artists while discarding countless others? What makes us connect to the art of a random few? Recently at Ear to the Ground, we asked these questions and to the best of our gleanings we decided it is the love of story that drives us. The myth of Dylan, the cocksure strut of Jagger, the tragedy of Cobain Ð all point to the narrative that creates our musical adoration.

Enter Canadian singer-songwriter Nick Zubeck. His story is one that is compelling and rich. The existential and jazzy Skydiving is the artistÕs fifth LP and an absolute dream of an album. Heavy on beautiful arrangements, instrumentals, and thoughtful lyrics, Zubeck has a life rich of experience to draw from. Though a prolific solo act, he has performed with numerous bands such as Great Lake Swimmers and most recently Mark KozelekÕs Sun Kil Moon. Skydiving finds Zubeck dealing with tragedy and re-birth. Losing both his parents to cancer and a brother to alcoholism, as well as being a single father, his art is authentic and refreshing. ÒThe central theme of the album became more about contending and living with a certain amount of doubt, fear and vulnerability, and finding peace and beauty within that. Neil YoungÕs lyric Òthough my problems are meaningless, that donÕt make Õem go awayÓ comes to mindÓ says Zubeck.

We love the new album for many reasons, but its ZubeckÕs positive dealings with broken experiences that we fell in love with first. His story is compelling and today we get the honor of premiering his brand new video for album closer ÒPrimitive PatienceÓ in which he shot with his son Jacob for a movie project. ÒI made this video for Primitive Patience, a song from my new record, Skydiving, with my son Jacob. He made all of the costumes and we shot it up in the Northern Bruce Peninsula, Ontario, one of the most beautiful places IÕve ever been. The footage was originally intended for a film project that Jacob had in mind, but he graciously let me use it for this music video. The song is sort of an ode to patience, and a rumination on how animals, including us, require a great amount of patience in order to survive and be at peace. The video blends footage of the surrounding landscape with shots of mysterious costumed characters wandering and waiting calmly in the wild.

Check it out and pick up his great new album that is out now (purchase here).
http://www.nickzubeck.com/#music

Posted by: Matt Simon / @Ear To The Ground

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. Ð GENE CLARK

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page