Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 All The Rest
 General discussions about music
 GRAHAM NASH-This Path Tonight, & done with Croz

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lemonade kid Posted - 21/04/2016 : 14:43:53
A wonderful new album, Nash's first in 14 years, and a complete break, "forever", from David Crosby (what did Croz do now?!).

We'll start with the new music, look at the "breakup" later...
so...as I've told a friend, my first listen to This Path Tonight was
like a flash-back to 1968, like I was hearing a brand new CSN long player for the first time,
but tracking only the Nash cuts. Brilliant!

Really fine!

This Path Tonight...full album
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYbuxU-y2Zk

This Path Tonight April, 2016..

Consequence Of Sound.net
BY CORBIN REIFFON APRIL 11, 2016, 12:01AM

Life is an unpredictable journey whose path can lead you into places that you never thought youÕd end up. WhatÕs the old saying: If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans? ItÕs almost certain that a few years ago, the idea that vaunted Ô60s singer-songwriter Graham Nash would have ended his decades-long marriage and scuttled his extremely lucrative partnership with David Crosby and Stephen Stills to embark on a renewed solo career with a fresh love interest would have probably seemed preposterous. And yet here we are.

For his first solo album in 14 years, Nash mines a trio of themes that have sustained a majority of writers throughout history: love, loss, and finality. At 74 years old, the former Hollies singer offers a unique perspective on all three, a view that rarely gets explored by din of the fact that there just arenÕt many people his age writing up to the same level of viable music. Young love is a topic that has been covered a million times throughout the years, but whatÕs it like to discover love anew in the twilight of your life? How, as a person, do you change through the passage of time? How do your desires and goals shift, alter, and morph?

The really interesting thing is that Nash doesnÕt seem to have any answers, but instead relishes the questions themselves. On the title track and album opener he acknowledges that he doesnÕt know where heÕs going in this life anymore, but feels compelled to keep moving forward regardless. He parries each of the larger questions above with a series of questions of his own. ÒI try to answer all thatÕs asked/ I try my best to be myself, but wonder whoÕs behind this mask.Ó

Alternately on ÒMyself at LastÓ, a treacly ballad which heÕs publicly dedicated to his new girlfriend, Nash seems plainly overjoyed to have shifted off the road heÕd been traveling down into new, exhilarating directions. ÒItÕs so hard to fight the past,Ó he admits, Òbut the day that breaks before me may never be surpassed.Ó Having spent the last decade as the nominal caretaker for the legacy of Crosby, Stills, Nash and sometimes Young, Nash has been mired in the subject his own past, and it sounds like heÕs delighted to finally put all of that behind him and instead look forward. ÒThe question haunting me/ Is my future just my past?Ó The answer on this song at least appears to be a resounding no.

One thing time hasnÕt seemed to have affected is NashÕs singing voice. ItÕs absolutely incredible how fresh and similar it sounds to that high, crisp register present on earlier hit songs like ÒMarrakesh ExpressÓ, ÒCarry OnÓ, or ÒOur HouseÓ. While other artists of his generation are forced to drop keys or modify their entire approach to singing and writing, Nash remains completely free to be the same artist that heÕs always been. ItÕs truly a gift, and one that isnÕt squandered.

This Path Tonight is almost completely made up of acoustic arrangements. There are certainly keyboard accents and electric guitar lines thrown in here and there to keep things interesting, but the compositions are startlingly simple. This is a no-frills type of record that prizes style over substance. If there is any kind of solo, like the acoustic piece near the end of ÒCracks in the CityÓ or the harmonica tangent on ÒTargetÓ, itÕs kept short, and done tastefully. The bombastic chorus of ÒFire Down BelowÓ is the lone Ñ and most welcome Ñ exception to this rule.

ItÕs been quite a while since Nash has released a collection of new material Ñ even the last Crosby, Stills & Nash record came out in 1999. The past decade has found the singer seemingly going through the motions, hitting the road, playing the hits, writing a memoir, digging out old tapes, and generally moving laterally. The act of breaking that particular cycle almost certainly has to be a thrilling proposition no matter how you cut it, and if you were to use one word to describe the figure you hear on This Path Tonight, that word would be Òunburdened.Ó

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. Ð GENE CLARK
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lemonade kid Posted - 21/04/2016 : 14:47:57
Graham Nash: 'I Don't Want Anything to Do With' David Crosby

"In my world there will never, ever be a Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young record and there will never be another Crosby, Stills and Nash record or show," singer says

BY DANIEL KREPS March 8, 2016/ ©Rolling Stone

The future of Crosby, Stills and Nash was thrown in doubt this weekend following comments Graham Nash made to a Dutch magazine where he declared that his days in CSN were likely over due to a rift with David Crosby. To make sure nothing was lost in translation, Nash also spoke to Billboard to confirm, saying, "In my world, there will never, ever be a Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young record and there will never be another Crosby, Stills and Nash record or show.

"Right now, I don't want anything to do with Crosby at all. It's just that simple," Nash said, although he wouldn't elaborate on why he's upset with his longtime band mate. "I was letting Crosby be who he is. I let people play their hand in front of me, and I let him do it and then I make a decision."

However, while talking to Dutch magazine Lust for Life, Nash held nothing back while slamming Crosby. In the interview, Nash blamed Crosby for first sparking a personal feud with Neil Young, which likely spelled the end of CSNY, and then behaving in a manner that made Nash question CSN's future.

"I don't like David Crosby right now. He's been awful for me the last two years, just f#cking awful," Nash said. "I've been there and saved his f#cking ass for 45 years, and he treated me like sh#t. You can't do that to me. You can do it for a day or so, until I think you're going to come around. When it goes on longer, and I keep getting nasty emails from him, I'm done. f#ck you. David has ripped the heart out of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young."

Crosby eventually apologized to Young for comments he made about the rocker and his girlfriend Daryl Hannah. "I was completely out of line," Crosby said. "I have screwed up massively. Daryl Hannah never wound up in a Texas prison. I'm screwed up way worse than that girl. Where do I get off criticizing her? She's making Neil happy. I love Neil and I want him happy."

After Crosby's initial comments, Young all but dismissed any chance of a Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young reunion. "We were together for a long time. We did some good work. Why should we get together and celebrate how great we were? What difference does it make?," Young said. "It's not for the audience. It's not for money, either. When you play music, you have to come from a certain place to do it and everything has to be clear and you don't want to disturb that. I like to keep the love there, and if the love isn't there, you don't want to do it."

"How can I not be sad? Look at the music we probably lost," Nash, who releases his solo LP This Path Tonight on April 15, told Billboard. "The truth is, after being totally immersed in me and David and Stephen and Neil's music, I'm done. I've had 10 years of it. Leave me the f#ck alone. I need to concentrate on me now."

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. Ð GENE CLARK

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page